In today’s post, I’ll be sharing my favorite alternative way to use dies. For today’s project I’ve used the Forever Flourishing dies and the Ornate Layers Dies!
The Forever Flourishing Dies were used for the focal piece, and the Ornate Layers Dies were used for the subtle white impression for one of the focal backings.
The process for creating the impressions here was really quite simple. You simply use the die with the cutting side facing away from the cardstock so instead of cutting you get an impression in the paper. You will also need a layer(s) under the cardstock, that has some give to it, like a silicone craft sheet, that will allow the die to press into the cardstock more effectively.
For the fern focal piece, after I made my impression in the cardstock, I used a sponge dauber with some Soft Succulent ink to add some color to the raised areas. Next, I colored over the fern shapes with a Clear Wink of Stella brush for some added interest and to accentuate the shape of the fern impression.
The background layer of Soft Succulent cardstock is dry embossed with the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project featuring the Forever Flourishing Dies and will play around with using your dies in this fun alternative way!
If you enjoyed this project and want to learn more about dry embossing with dies you may want to check out my Dry Embossing with Dies Technique Class.
Here is a sneak peek of the projects we made in this class:
Thanks for spending some time with me today! You’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post.
More Going On Now
- Watercolor Techiques Class – Register by 12/26/21 for Electronic Only Options. Click HERE for more details.
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape 01/22/22 – Register by 01/20/22!
- Check out the Last Chance List of products that will be retiring from the July to December Mini-Catalog. There are items available at up to 50% off. Find the Last Chance Items in my Online Store.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 11/18/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click below to see the July to December 2021 Mini Catalog!
See the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking on the photo below!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
- Basic White Thick Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Soft Succulent Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White Layer: 3-7/16″ x 4-7/8″
- Soft Succulent Layer: 2-1/8″ x 3-7/16″
- Basic White Focal: 2″ x 3-9/16″