Hi Stamping friends! Today I’m sharing a super simple Fun Fold Card with Varied Vases Bundle and the Subtle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
I think this card looks super simple and yet I’ve actually used 14 different images to build this cute little display of flowers on my mantel. The reason for the large number of images is the fact that each vase, floral image and the mantel itself, are created with two-step stamping, which means there’s actually a lot of steps and a lot of fun to be had!
If you’re not familiar with what two-step stamping is, it’s essentially when you use two or more images that can be stamped over one another, to create one multidimensional image in the end.
The two-step stamping technique is really pretty easy to do especially when using the photopolymer stamps, which you can see through. Another option is to use the Stamparatus, especially if you’re making multiples of a project with two-step stamping or having multiple people make a given project in a class.
I shared this project at my paper crafting classes in July. For my first two groups all the stamps were on blocks but for the second two groups I set up the Stamparatus to make the process simpler for participants. I’ve mostly used the Stamparatus in my video tutorial ahead. Here’s a close up of the focal piece of this card. We used 13 images for the focal piece alone!
The sentiment is the 14th image used and the only image where 2-step stamping was not used!
Free Card Kit recipients and my InPerson and Online Stamp Club members will get all the project details, including dimensions, supplies and tips in a PDF from me.
Online participants will receive project kits in the mail with a variety of punched vases to play with. Stamps and stamped image are NOT included! If you’re interested in receiving Free Card Kits in the mail you’ll find details under the Tutorials and Classes tab of my website. Click HERE to check out the July / August 2018 project kits.
Check out my video tutorial here:
If you enjoyed this video and you watched it here on my blog, please pop on over to YouTube to give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I would so appreciate it!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today! There’s a complete supply list ahead for your convenience plus project dimensions just ahead.
- Pumpkin Pie Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″ Scored at 2-3/4″ and 5-1/2″
- Mango Melody Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Blueberry Bushel Layer: 3″ x 8-1/4″ Scored at 2-3/4″ and 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Panels (3) 2-1/2″ x 2-3/4″
Plus, to see more Varied Vases project ideas, check out some previous posts on my old Stampin’ Up! blog here:
- Varied Vases with the 2018 – 2020 InColors
- Introducing my Annual InColor Bookmark
- Color Fusers Blog Hop July 2018
More Going On Now…
Celebrate My NEW WEBSITE with Me – Participate in a Website Launch Party Scavenger Hunt!
- Launch day was Friday 8/3/2018
- Participate in the Scavenger Hunt to win prizes!
- Participate in my Facebook Live Event at 7pm on 8/3 OR Watch the Replay!
- Click HERE to go to the Scavenger Hunt page
- To be eligible for prizes you must respond by Thursday 8/9/18
Bonus Days are Here!
- Get a $5 Coupon for EACH $50 spent during the month of August
- Redeem your Coupon(s) in September
- There’s no limit to how many coupons you can get!
- Click HERE to Shop Now
Color Your Season Limited Time Offer!
- Get Exclusive Products through 8/31 or while supplies last
- Get the NEW Blended Seasons Stamp Set and coordinating framelits
- Save 10% when you purchase the Stamp Set and framelits together
- Get NEW Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2
- Click HERE to see the products available through this promotion
Paper Pumpkin On Sale! – Offer Ends 8/10/18!
- Get 50% off your first Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Only first time subscribers are eligible for this offer
- Offer ends on 8/10/18
- Applies only to month to month subscriptions
- Must use Promo Code: BLOOM0818
- Click HERE to sign up for Paper Pumpkin
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code: M6MEDF6S
Dawn Nickel says
Love your Z fold card. Could you please share what size the inside Z is.
Thank you kindly. I am a fellow demonstrator in Nanaimo,BC Canada
Melissa Kerman says
Hi Dawn. If you go to the link below, scroll to the bottom and you’ll find all the dimensions for this card layout. It’s a different color scheme but the same sizes. Here’s the link: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/thecraftingtreehouse/blog?directBlogUrl=%2Fblog%2F60800%2Fentry%2Fcolor_fusers_blog_hop_july2
Thank you so much Melissa. You do awesome work.
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks so much Dawn!!!
Thanks for sharing Melissa, could I case your idea? Would give you credit and it would only be for my class here in Victoria Australia.
Melissa Kerman says
CASE away Rosalie. Have fun sharing it!