I’m having so much fun with the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set from the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog! This set will be available to purchase starting June 3rd!
The Tasteful Touches Stamp Set and In Good Taste product suite were some of the first products in the new annual catalog that I just had to have! There are a variety of beautiful images and sentiments in this set that make it very versatile. I’ve created four unique cards using the exact same layout as you can see here.
This first card is the simplest of my four designs and was quick and easy to put together.
- I’ve stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink and then stamped one additional image over the top.
- The second image is stamped with third inking of Night of Navy ink so it would be faint and would complement, not cover the sentiment.
- My adorable little bow is made with the new Misty Midnight In Color ribbon and attached with a glue dot.
- Last but not least, I’ve used two of the 24 patterns from the In Good Taste Designer Paper pack. Yes, you read that correctly! There are 2 each of 12 double-sided designs in this amazing designer paper pack!!!
You’ll find all the patterns in this designer paper pack, in the next two photos.
I just love all the textures in this amazing paper! The In Good Taste designer paper was used on three out of the four cards in today’s post.
So… let’s get to some stamping with the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set!
The next three cards use heat embossing, sponging, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd inking to create a multidimensional look that is unique for each focal piece. Here are the steps used to create this focal piece:
- Sponge with Gray Granite ink onto white cardstock where the feathers will be stamped.
- Rub your embossing buddy, anti-static pouch over the surface liberally.
- Using Versamark ink, Stamp the feather image over the Gray Granite sponging and the foliage image in a few other spots around the edges.
- Pour Clear Embossing powder over the piece, tap off the excess and melt with a heat tool.
- Begin sponging as desired with Gray Granite, Early Espresso and Night of Navy ink over and around the embossed images.
- Stamp the one final image in 1st and 3rd inking in select spots.
- Using Versamark ink stamp one more foliage image coming into the center of the focal piece and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Spray some water on a paper towel and wipe down the focal piece to remove any ink sitting on the surface of the heat embossed images.
There are few additional details worth noting about this card.
- I’ve taken a piece of the Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim and threaded it through a little piece of hardware called an “antique slide”. Both the ribbon and hardware are part of the World of Good Product Suite.
- This trim is attached to the backside of the focal piece with mini glue dots.
For the sentiment piece I’ve used a die-cutting trick to make the original die-cut shape into a banner instead. I simply cut off the top with the long edge of my die such that the perforations look continuous.
Notice in the photo below that the die I used has a point on each end.
To create this piece, I used the long edge of the die to cut the end point off. I lined up the perforations on the die with the top perforations already cut on the cardstock on both sides. Pretty cool huh?
For my third card, I’ve used the flower image instead of the feather from the Timeless Touches Stamp Set. Plus, I’ve changed up the placement of my colors a bit.
- I started with sponging VERY lightly with my Night of Navy ink where I was planning to stamp the flowers.
- Then I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and foliage with clear embossing powder just like on the first card.
- Sponging is the next step.
- Finally, I stamped my final image in 1st and 3rd inking with Early Espresso ink instead of Night of Navy.
A few more details worth noting:
- The sentiment on this version comes from the Forever Ferns stamp set. It fits perfectly into this lovely circular die from Tasteful Labels dies. Don’t you just love the detail on the edge of that die-cut circle? It’s like a subtle scallop with perforations that mimick the shape of the edge.
- Check out the background piece. It’s a piece of Gray Granite card stock that’s dry embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
- The white ribbon is part of the Flowers for Every Season combination pack.
The focal piece for this fourth and final card is the one I created during my Facebook Live video.
For this version, I actually did some stamping and heat embossing before I did any sponging. Check out my video for all the details.
For this card, I’ve used two additional images from the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set including the little squares and the sentiment. I love this sentiment and the die-cut shape that it’s on! Can you see the delicate linear element near the edge of the die-cut piece? It’s so subtle and elegant!
The twine you see that’s tied around the Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim is part of the Flowers for Every Season combination pack. This twine has three strands in it; one in white, one in silver, and the last one is Misty Moonlight.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my four cards made with the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set and coordinating dies! Don’t you think this is an amazing product suite?!
If you enjoyed these projects and especially love these designer papers you may want to consider purchasing my In Good Taste Product Share! Click HERE to check out all my product shares. These are only available through 6/4/20!
The Tasteful Touches Stamp Set and coordinating dies will be available to purchase starting on 6/3/20 with the launch of the new 2020 – 2021 Annual Stampin’ Up! catalog. Make sure to check back then!
You’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store at the end of this post. Thanks for spending some time with me today! I hope you’re inspired to go create!
More Going On Now
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares NOW Available to Preorder! Click HERE to learn more!
- Get Hostess Rewards withOUT Hosting with my 10 @ $100 Limited-Time Special Offer! Learn more HERE.
- Get Retiring Products before they’re gone! Click HERE to see all the retiring products in my online store.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 6/4/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click Below to See Retiring Products in my Online Store!
See the Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
The 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog is Coming on June 3, 2020!
Check out my Facebook Live and video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 16 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Early Espresso Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 3-1/8″ x 4-1/2″
- Night of Navy Layer: 3-5/16″ x 4-11/16″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″