Today’s project features a forest scene and Gilded Leafing with the Winter Woods Set.
This card was inspired by my team member Kathi Cox, who recently shared a project in a team event with a die-cut window. I immediately knew it would be a super fun project layout to play with. Before I made this project I had been playing around with some of the new products from the January to June mini-catalog and had shared a project in the color scheme you see here. I wanted to keep playing with this color scheme plus I had a feeling that the Gilded Leafing with the Winter Woods Set would be quite beautiful together. I’ve also used the coordinating In The Woods Dies.
I started with creating my tree with the Gilded Foiling.
I started with stamping my tree image in Versamark on a piece of basic black card stock, added some heat & stick powder, melted the powder and immediately put my image into the Gilded Leafing. Next, I rubbed off the excess and then die cut my tree.
Die-cutting my opening and stamping were my next tasks!
Next, a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock was attached (only in a few small places) to my Basic Black card body and then I die-cut my tree shape in the spot I wanted it on the front of my card. Since this shape is not too detailed I was able to cut through the two layers without any difficulty. I did run it through my die-cutting machine a few times to ensure a clean cut.
The layers were then separated and I stamped the tree image in first and second ink, in Mossy Meadow ink, to create the look of a forest around the die-cut opening. This piece was then dry embossed using the Subtle 3D embossing folder.
I did NOT attach my gold tree yet because I wanted to work on decorating the inside of my card too!
Next, I focused on the inside of my card.
To get started stamping the inside of my card I used the opening to put a few light pencil marks to outline the points of my tree, so I could begin stamping my Mossy Meadow tree images in first and second ink.
Next, I created the gold delicate tree you see in the background. For this tree, I covered an adhesive sheet with Gilded Leafing and then die-cut the tree with one of the dies from the In The Woods Dies. I found this to be the easiest way to get a detailed shape like this covered with the Gilded Leafing and have clean edges. I just love the look!
Here is an adhesive sheet I’ve covered with the Gilded Leafing, and some other pieces I’ve played around with using this fun new embellishment. Click HERE to see a recent post that featured the Gilded Leafing.
After my inside stamping was done I attached the detailed tree so it would be up and to the right of the gold pine tree focal piece. Then I put dimensionals on the back of my pine tree, closed my card, placed the pine tree in the opening, and attached the pine tree to the inside of the card.
I finished off this card by simply tying a piece of gold twine (from the Forever Greenery Trim combo pack) and the Mossy Meadow Linen Trim around the bottom of the card.
This is what this card looks like when it’s standing up:
What do you think of the Gilded Leafing with the Winter Woods Set?
I absolutely love it and hope you do too!
You’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post with links to my online store. You’ll also find a video there of another card made with this same die-cut feature and a different set of products that you might like to check out. Enjoy!
More Going On Now
- Cracked Glass Technique Class Preorder Happening Now through 12/27/20! Click HERE to learn more!
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares Now Available to Preorder! Click HERE to learn more. Click HERE to see my video walkthrough.
- Year-End Close Out Sale Happening Now! Get up to 50% off on retiring products! Learn more here: https://melissascraftingtreehouse.com/year-end-closeout-sale-2020/
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape 01/30/21 – Register by 01/28/20. Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/07/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out this video to see more cards made with this die-cut feature:
The project demonstration begins at around 8-¼ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Mossy Meadow Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Mossy Meadow Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Products available starting on January 5, 2021
- Gilded Leafing Embellishment Item #154560
- Heat & Stick Powder Item #156110
- Mossy Meadow Braided Linen Trim Item #154298