Today I’m featuring a greeting card design made with the layout used for my October 2022 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle project.
Each month, the Simple Suite Stampers design team publishes a tutorial bundle focusing on a particular theme. The October theme was the Storybook Gnomes suite of products. I made three variations of my Storybook Gnomes greeting card design, plus one additional version that features the Graceful Tiles stamp set.
This first card is the greeting card design made for the October 2022 simple suite stampers tutorial bundle.
I CASED this card design from friend and fellow demonstrator Wanda Williams. I tweaked the size of my focal piece a bit to make it larger but otherwise, my card is the same as Wanda’s. Isn’t this simple design so sweet?!
The products used from the Storybook Gnomes suite include the designer series paper and the fine sparkle adhesive-backed gems. The Gnome was cut out of one of the designer paper patterns and popped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The sentiment and die-cut piece it’s stamped on, are made with a stamp and die from the Brightest Glow Bundle. The two white panels are dry embossed with one of the Wintry 3D Embossing Folders.
The first card was so cute that I just had to recreate the design with other papers in the Storybook Gnomes paper pack!
For this version, the sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point ink and I’ve used the blue fine sparkle adhesive-backed gems to complement the color in the Gnomes attire. The background cardstock is Night of Navy.
This is my favorite of the Gnomes in this designer paper! He’s so cute right?!
For my final Storybook Gnomes greeting card design, I’ve used yet another pattern of the designer paper and a different Gnome from the paper.
On this version, I was torn as to what color to use for the sentiment. I tried both Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point. While I ended up settling on the Pacific Point, I now want to try using either Poppy Parade or Calypso Coral ink instead just to see what they would look like. (Those are the colors in the large gnomes’ braids and in the small gnomes’ hat.) As I look at this card, my eye is wanting to see a trio of reddish tones. There are always more options to try and we’ve got to stop somewhere right?
While the Gnome used on this card is not my favorite, it’s still cute. Plus, I love the detailed images on the designer paper in the background! The background cardstock used here is Bermuda Bay.
My final card features the exact same layout with a completely different set of products!
For two of the three images on this card, I’ve used the Graceful Tiles Stamp Set, one of my latest favorite products! The sentiment is from the Plentiful Plants Stamp Set. I’ve also used the Quatrefoil Embossing Folder for the white panels and the Pretty Prints designer paper for the panel in the center.
The small fan-shaped image is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink and then cut out using my paper snips.
The sentiment is also stamped in Bermuda Bay ink; The medallion behind is stamped in Pool Party ink.
I just love how easy it was to make this alternative version with a completely different look and the exact same layout!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing these projects and that you’re inspired to make your own version of this card!
You’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store at the end of this post!
If you enjoyed today’s projects I’ve got two resources for you!
1) The Graceful Tiles Class-To-Go and, 2) The October 2022 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle!
Click on the Sneak Peek graphic below to learn more about the Graceful Tiles class and options! RSVP by Sunday 11/13/22!
If you especially enjoyed the Gnome cards shared today you’ll definitely LOVE the October Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle!
Get the October 2022 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with any size order!
- Order by 11/13/22 to get this Tutorial Bundle FREE. There will be a link in the email you’ll receive from me after your order is placed!
- Do NOT use the host code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get host rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chicks Team Member!
- Get $125 in products for just $99 plus free shipping, a FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit, Catalogs, Business Supplies, and more!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Graceful Tiles Class-To-Go Available NOW! Class-To-Go AND PDF Only Options! Click HERE to register now!
- CREATIVE EXTRAVAGANZA – Event-To-Go AND Virtual Only Options! Click HERE and complete this form if you’re interested in To-Go Options! Event kits are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis!
- Winter Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape – Event Dates: January 27 & 28, 2023! Click to Reserve Your Spot by 11/8/22 to be entered in the Early Bird Drawing!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and Get Special Perks!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/17/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND a gift from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
July to December 2022 Holiday Mini Catalog PDF is NOW LIVE!
Check out the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic White Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Pool Party, Bermuda Bay or Night of Navy Focal Backing: 3-½″ x 4-11/16″
- Wide Basic White Dry Embossed Panel: 1-5/8″ x 4-½”
- Narrow Basic White Dry Embossed Panel: ½″ x 4-½”
- Designer Paper Panel: 1″ x 4-½”
- Basic White Scrap for Die-Cut Sentiment Piece and Fussy Cut Fan Piece
- Storybook Gnomes Designer Paper to Fussy Cut Gnome
Leave a Reply