Todays post features heat embossing ideas for a card and cute little 3-D item. These were shared in my Facebook Live demonstration on 11/1/18.
The essential products used are the Flourish Filigree Stamp Set, Black & Copper Foil Sheets and Copper Embossing Powder. The first of my heat embossing ideas is the most obvious one. Here I heat embossed this filigree image onto a piece of Black Foil cardstock. These Black Foil Sheets are included in with the halloween products on page 49 of the holiday catalog. As I’ve shown here, they’re not just for halloween.
These sheets are shiny and have a deep, rich black color. They are gorgeous especially with the copper embossing!
I hope you’ll check out my Facebook Live Video ahead but I’ve also included a few essential tips here, for your convenience.
- I’ve colored my Clear Faceted Gem with my Bronze Blends Alcohol Marker, so that it goes perfectly with the copper foil and heat embossing.
- The Black Foil focal piece is backed with a piece of Copper Foil cardstock and then the layer behind the copper is also black foil.
Here’s a close up of my colored gem:
There’s one last detail on the front of this card that may not be obvious at first glance.
Can you see that the card base is shiny in the photo above? The second of my heat embossing ideas is to add some shine and texture to the base of the card.
Here’s what I did…
So I also did some decorative elements on the inside of the card to make this card extra special!
The ribbon shown here is also shown as part of the Halloween products in the Holiday Catalog. This ribbon is the Black 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon and it comes with silver sparkles. I have used my Bronze Blends Alcohol Marker to color the ribbon so it would go with the color scheme of this card.
Here’s a close up of the colored ribbon so you can really see the Bronze sparkles. I think this ribbon is so pretty!
So you probably noticed my cute little cat treats in the last photo. This brings me to the third of my heat embossing ideas, I’ll be sharing here.
So before I attached my card pieces to one another I punched out two cats, using my cat punch, from the copper foil paper. I’ve punched these out so I could make some cute little Cat Kiss Treats. A close up of these treats are shown just ahead.
The cat on the left was heat embossed with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder withe same image used on the card. The cat on the right was dry embossed using the Tin Tile embossing folder.
Each cat has a chocolate kiss hidden underneath. I’ve created these cute treats for Halloween, Christmas and Valentines day, in the past so I even have a tutorial for how to make the!
Click HERE to check out my post that includes my tutorial OR simply watch my Facebook Live just ahead for a video demonstration!
So for those that participated in the Facebook Live, I offered some give aways!
Cat Kiss Kit Winners:
There were 9 people who showed interest in the Cat Kiss Treat Kits that I offered and used the #CatKissKit to let me know. The following two people are the winners…
- Lorri Rudd
- Marilyn Durbin
* Lorri and Marilyn, please message me on Facebook or email me with your address so I can mail these out to you!
Here’s a photo of the kit and some versions of the cats that can be made with the kit:
Card Kit Offer:
Would you like to receive a card kit to make TWO of the cards shared in my Facebook Live video?
To complete this kit you’ll also need basic materials for heat embossing as shown in the video plus your own adhesive and tools.
Here’s a picture of what you’ll receive as a gift from me when you purchase the Flourish Filigree Stamp Set:
Here’s a picture of what you’ll be able to make with your kit:
To get one of these kits here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Purchase the Flourish Filigree Stamp Set through my Online Store
- If your order is $20 to $149.99 you must use the current hostess code to get these free kits. The current code changes periodically but as of today the code is: N2RHCZZC
- If your order is $150 or more do not use the hostess code! You’ll still get the kits plus you’ll get hostess rewards as well!
- If your order reaches $60 in merchandise you’ll also be eligible to the receive the Sept/Oct kits through my FREE Card Kits program.
- This offer is good while supplies!
To place an order go to the “Shop Now” Tab at www.melissascraftingtreehouse.com
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s projects featuring heat embossing ideas!
There’s a complete supply list with project dimensions at the end of this post.
I really had a blast sharing these and doing the Facebook Live. There were lots of comments and great participation by those that were there. It was truly like we were hangin’ out together! Thank you so much to those of you that played along!!!
Next week I’ll be in Orlando, FL to celebrate Stampin’ Up!’s 30th Birthday with 4 of my team members and with SU friends from around the world! It’s going to be a blast! I may do an impromptu Facebook Live from Orlando just to share some of the fun and excitement of this event. I hope you’ll join in when I go live!
My next scheduled Facebook Live will be on Thursday 11/15/18 at 4pm EST. I hope you’ll save the date!!!
For all the tips and tricks check out my Facebook Live Video here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it please pop on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful!!!
If you’d like to see more heat embossing ideas you may want to check out two of my signature techniques, the Impressions of Tarnished Foil and the Black Ice Technique. I have links to projects featuring these techniques here:
- Click HERE to check out one of my Impressions of Tarnished Foil projects
- Click HERE to check out one of my latest Black Ice Technique projects.
More Going On Now…
- Snowflake Showcase Limited Time Offer Started Thursday 11/1!
- Get Free Card Kits in the Mail when you place a qualifying order in my Online Store!!!
- Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits, and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2018 Holiday Catalog PDF by clicking the photo below.
Click Below to see the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF
- Card Body in Basic Black: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Black Foil Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Copper Foil Layer: 3-7/16″ x 4-11/16″
- Black Foil Focal Piece: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Soft Suede Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Crumb Cake Inside Layer: 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
Leave a Reply