This post originally went live on 12/30/16. The project uses the hexagons embossing folder that I love and will be retiring on 6/3/19. I just had to share before it’s gone for good!
Today I’ll be sharing a second Sneak Peek of some of my favorite products in the Occasions Catalog including…
…the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, The Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) and the Big on Birthdays Stamp Set. The embossing folder and DSP are both part of the Urban Underground Product Suite in the Occasions Catalog that goes live on 1/4/17.
I love the simple clean lines and bold sentiment, paired with the texture, dimension, and complexity of the Tarnished Foil elements. I hope you like it too!
Want to learn about the Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique? You’ll find details and links to more samples ahead. Plus I’m now offering a NEW ONLINE CLASS featuring this technique!
Details about This Card:
- The sentiment is heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder and flanked with two metallic enamel shaped stars.
- The strip that underlines the sentiment was actually a scrap leftover from another project. It is attached so about 1/8″ of the black shows at the bottom. I love using little pieces and parts that would otherwise get discarded.
- The Basic Black sentiment piece is backed with a piece of a Silver Foil sheet and attached to the card front with dimensionals.
- The Basic Gray background is a piece of the Urban Underground Designer Series Paper (DSP). Isn’t the texture in this DSP simple and wonderful!
When using embossing folders you can choose to use either the debossed or embossed impression.
The debossed option with the Hexagon embossing folder is when the hexagon shapes are pushed in, and the embossed option is where the hexagon shapes are pushed out. I tried it both ways and in fact, have used both on this card.
The small strip that underlines the sentiment is debossed and the large vertical strip is embossed. It’s a little hard to see here but I’ll be sharing another sample soon with a close up so you can see it better. Stay tuned!
For more details about the Tarnished Foil Technique click HERE. To see more samples made with this technique click on the following links for a variety of fun projects.
Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique – NEW Card with Fluttering Embossing Folder – This post includes some options for getting a written tutorial for this technique.
Card Contest Winners – Post #2 – This post includes basic instructions which are slightly different than the instructions included in my written tutorial. As I played with the technique more I refined the process to what worked best for me.
Stay tuned for more fun samples using products from the Occasions Catalog!
There is less than one week left to…
- Purchase products and bundles that are retiring from the Holiday Catalog. Click Here to shop Retiring and Discounted products! To see a complete list with pictures click HERE.
- Take advantage of up to 60% off through the Year-End Closeout Sale!
- Get the FREE December Card Kits – To see the December card kits click HERE. To see a video with details click HERE.