The products featured on today’s Tarnished Foil project include the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big on Birthdays and the Timeless Textures Stamp Sets.
Since this an old post that I’ve brought over from my Stampin’ Up! blog, some products are already retired. The Hexagons embossing folder and Timeless Textures stamp set are both current now but will be retiring on June 3, 2019!
Today I’ll be sharing my third project using the Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique with products from the 2017 Occasions Catalog that launches on 1/4/17.
- The sentiment comes from the Big on Birthdays Stamp Set and is heat embossed using Silver Embossing Powder.
- A metal Star from the Urban Underground Embellishments was used in the upper right-hand corner of the sentiment piece.
- I used a scrap of the Tarnished Foil Background on the sentiment piece. It is justified at the bottom of the Basic Black piece.
- In the close up above and below you can see that the small strip underlining the sentiment is different than the larger strip that runs top to bottom. As mentioned in my previous post, when using embossing folders you can choose to use either the debossed or embossed impression. The debossed option is when the hexagon shapes are pushed in, and the embossed option is where the hexagon shapes are pushed out. In this case the large, tall strip, is debossed and the tiny strip is embossed. Since the Silver Foil sheets are only silver on one side, you have to be deliberate about how you put the Foil sheet in the embossing folder depending on which effect you want.
- In this close up you can see that there is a medley of stamping on the Basic Gray background layer using images from the Timeless Textures stamp set. Some images were stamped with Basic Gray ink and others were heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.
- This stamped basic gray piece was attached to a Basic Blacking backing piece and attached to the card body with dimensionals.
This next photo shows the debossed impression very well, plus you can see some of the grungy detail in the Tarnished Foil. Cool right? I love this close up!
The lighting in the photo below offers a fun alternative view of this card so just had to share it!
Here’s one final photo. Isn’t this such a perfect Masculine birthday card?!
I hope you like it! Please comment below and let me know what you think.
For more details about the Tarnished Foil Technique click HERE. To see more samples made with this technique click on the following links for a variety of fun projects.
- 12/30/16 Post – Hexagons Embossing Folder Catalog Sneak Peek #2
- 10/17/16 Post – Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique – NEW Card with Fluttering Embossing Folder – This post includes some options for getting a written tutorial for this technique.
- 8/27/16 Post – See 3 or More Reasons to Love Embossing Folders… Some Variations on a Contest Winning Card!
- 6/11/16 Post – Card Contest Winners – Post #2 – This post includes basic instructions that are slightly different than the instructions included in my written tutorial. As I played with the technique more I refined the process to what worked best for me.
Stay tuned for more fun samples using products from the Occasions Catalog!
There are just FOUR days left to…
- Purchase products and bundles that are retiring from the Holiday Catalog. Click Here to shop Retiring and Discounted products! To see a complete list with pictures click HERE.
- Take advantage of up to 60% off through the Year-End Closeout Sale!
- Get the FREE December Card Kits – To see the December card kits click HERE. To see a video with details click HERE.
Click HERE to SHOP NOW
December Hostess Code: JR9W4C9S