The project today uses the Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique with the NEW Hexagons Embossing Fold, the Bold Butterfly Framelits, the Butterflies Thinlits, and the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set.
Since this an old post that I’ve brought over from my Stampin’ Up! blog, some products are already retired. The Hexagons embossing folder retired on June 3, 2019! 🙁
This embossing folder really looks like a honeycomb to me, so it just seemed right to use a natural image, like a butterfly, with it. I used the embossed (hexagons pushed out) option instead of the debossed (hexagons pushed in) option here, as it looks more like a honeycomb this way to me. I have created projects in both ways. There are links to other Tarnished Foil Technique projects plus tutorial information ahead.
A couple of details about this card:
- The Hexagons background piece is created first and then attached to a piece of a Gold Foil Sheet. I put Snail adhesive only around the edges so that once the butterfly was cut out with the Bold Butterfly Framelit, the butterfly-shaped Gold and Hexagons pieces could be used for another project.
The close up photo below shows some details that are a bit hard to see in the other photos.
- Heat emboss the Basic Black layer measuring 4″ x 5-1/4″ with the speckles from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. Two pieces of Gold Satin ribbon are wrapped around this 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece and attached with Glue Dots.
- Attach the assembled focal piece with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I love my dimensionals!
- Die-cut the detailed butterfly using the Butterflies Thinlits in Copper Foil. Attach the butterfly over the butterfly-shaped opening, with thin pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals placed on the body of the butterfly only, so the wings can “fly”.
If you like this project please leave a comment below. I love to hear from you!
Stay tuned for another project where I used the foil butterfly cut out, from the technique piece used in this project!
- 12/30/16 Post – Hexagons Embossing Folder Catalog Sneak Peek #2
- 12/31/16 Post – Hexagons & Tarnished Foil #3
- 10/17/16 Post – Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique – NEW Card with Fluttering Embossing Folder – This post includes some options for getting a written tutorial for this technique.
- 8/27/16 Post – See 3 or More Reasons to Love Embossing Folders… Some Variations on a Contest Winning Card!
- 6/11/16 Post – Card Contest Winners – Post #2 – This post includes basic instructions that are slightly different than the instructions included in my written tutorial. As I played with the technique more I refined the process to what worked best for me.