Today’s post features some homemade birthday card ideas made with the Piece of Cake Stamp Set, coordinating Cake Builder Punch and a Must-Know Stamparatus Trick.
This was one of my July club projects and is one of the July/August Free Card Kit projects too! In case you’re interested, there are details about my Free Card Kit program later in this post.
I love these simple homemade birthday card ideas especially because it’s the kind of card that can be given to anyone!
It’s gender-neutral and works for an adult or child! In my opinion, versatile cards are often the best cards!
This card was designed such that my club members could change up some of the pieces to make the card unique to their tastes.
The Mossy Meadow piece in the photo above could be changed out for either Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry or Blueberry Bushel cardstock. Also, when I created this card I made it with the Solid Black Bakers Twine that you see in the card above. I realized after it was finished that this twine had been discontinued and I wouldn’t have enough. As a result, I decided to put out a variety of ribbons and twine so people could get creative with their designs.
The cards you see here were created by Erica, one of my wonderful stamp club members.
I’m embarrassed to say I can’t recall who the stamp club member was who made the card with Cherry Cobbler below.
I do love how it turned out. They added some extra sponging around the Very Vanilla side panel and circle. Thank you someone! LOL!
This next card is made with the Blueberry Bushel panel and is the version shared in my video tutorial ahead.
I just love the Blueberry Bushel color. It’s one of the 2018 – 2020 In Colors so we have less than a year left to enjoy using it as it will retire in early June 2020. I already know I’ll be sad when it’s gone. 🙁
In the close-up below you may be able to see that the candles are colored blue and the frosting is colored with some Wink of Stella.
This project was so fun to make. I just love the Piece of Cake Stamp Set and coordinating Cake Builder Punch!
It had been on backorder for a long time so I delayed playing with it for quite some time. I’m so happy that it’s now available!
Make sure to watch my video tutorial which includes a great Stamparatus trick for helping to get perfectly stamped and punched out images!
You’ll find the video tutorial plus, project dimensions, and a complete supply list below.
I do hope you enjoyed my homemade birthday card ideas!
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
More Going On Now
- Reserve your 2019 Holiday Catalog “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares NOW! Click HERE to check out the details of my Holiday Catalog “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares.
Click HERE to learn about the basics of my Unique “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares program.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get
$125$155 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during July and August 2019, plus get a $10 coupon to spend the month after you join! Click HERE to learn more.
- Redeem Bonus Days Coupons that were earned in July, during the month of August! – Click HERE for details!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 8/22/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Early Espresso Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″″
- Very Vanilla Side Panel: 2″ x 5-1/8″
- Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler or Blueberry Bushel Layer: 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Very Vanilla Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Scraps in Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Early Espresso for punching and die-cutting.