Today’s post features three Homemade Christmas Card Ideas. These were the Christmas Stamp-A-Stack cards made at my 4th Annual Creative Escape Event that happened this past Saturday.
I just love this event and this one was the biggest one yet! It goes from 10 am to 10 pm so it’s a long and fun day, especially for those that stay from morning till night! While the homemade Christmas Card ideas and Stamp-a-Stack, are the main draw for this event we do so much more! Later in this post, I’ve described a bit more about all the festivities.
The Stamp-A-Stack projects are all pretty simple but they still each have details that make them extra special for the holidays.
This first card is made with the Feels Like Frost Specialty Designer paper, coordinating ribbon and the Stylish Scrolls embossing folder.
The sentiment comes from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set. This designer paper includes amazing photo-realistic images in a variety of colors. This paper and ribbon have been some of the most popular products in the Holiday catalog!
This next project features the Tidings All Around Bundle and product suite!
Several of the products in the Toile Tidings suite were used on this card. I just love the die-cut wreath and Glitter Enamel Dots! This was the most time consuming of the three projects but still pretty simple. The corners of the Very Vanilla square are punched using the Detailed Trio Punch and the focal piece is raised up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The final Stamp-A-Stack project features the Christmas Gleaming Bundle and product suite!
For this card, I’ve used the Gleaming Ornaments Punches and the Brightly Gleaming specialty designer paper. The copper elements make this card really shine and isn’t the designer paper just gorgeous. I’m sure you won’t be surprised to know that this product suite has also been one of the most popular suites in the holiday catalog!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these Homemade Christmas Card Ideas! These were so fun to share at my Creative Escape Event!
But wait!… There’s more!
With Halloween in just a few days, I decided to make the table gifts and decorations with the Monster Bash products suite. I used the Monster Bash designer paper and the black scalloped edge ribbon for the name cards. Here’s a photo of all the pieces and parts for the Name Cards ready to assemble. This was also a little gift for participants to take home with them.
The photo below shows the little table treats I made for participants to snack on, or take home with them.
These are made with a section of a paper towel roll, as the form to make the tube!
A 1-½” segment of the paper towel roll was used at the bottom and just wrapped the designer paper around it. I cut a slit up the paper towel roll and cut off pieces that were about 1-½” long. I then taped the ends together to reattach the tube. By cutting them shorter than the height of the designer paper tube, you don’t see the cardboard piece on the inside when it’s empty unless you’re really looking.
For the tags on these treats, I’ve used the Tags, Tags, Tags Stamp Set. This stamp set includes sentiments for Halloween, Christmas and Valentines’ day!
There are also dies that coordinate with this stamp set. I do not have the dies so instead, I punched out the tag using the Timeless Label punch which fit perfectly to cut out this image. This punch is my new ALL-TIME FAVORITE versatile punch!!!
So there are a couple of details to these tags that you probably can’t see in the photos above.
- In the close-up photo here you’ll see that the image is heat embossed with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- The circle behind the punched sentiment is dry embossed using the Subtle embossing folder, and last but not least,
- I’ve used my Clear Wink of Stella brush to add some shimmer and shine to the sentiment. Check it out!
So the projects are great fun, of course, but it’s really the people that make the event and I love my peeps! I so loved seeing their creativity during the Card Smorgasboard part of the day! Don’t go away and YOU can see it too!!!
I didn’t manage to take very many pictures but I did get a few. Unfortunately, it was after the large majority of people had left but I’m just happy I remembered to take some. In the photo below are my most die-hard stampers!
A number of people had to leave early but these wonderful women stayed for the Card Smorgasbord portion of the day and beyond.
Here’s Erica with the three cards she made from just one card salad kit:
Here’s Rosanne showing the stack of cards she made during the creative playtime. I think she made 4 cards with her card salad kits!
Meet Kristy with three of the cards she made during creative playtime.
She used the blends alcohol markers to color her hummingbird. She had never used them before and loved them. Didn’t she do a great job with her coloring and blending? Go Kristy go!
Here’s Erica with two more cards she made during creative playtime! So many cards created in so little time! Love it!!!
Here’s the four of us again… we just had to do a goofy selfie too.
Wanna know more about my Creative Escape Events?
At the event this year, people had the option to sign up for three classes, happening simultaneously in the morning and evening segments of the day. It always amazes me that the logistics work so smoothly with three classes happening at once!
During the middle portion of the day, we play BINGO and have creative playtime. BINGO includes prizes, of course, plus door prizes and gifts for everyone! During the creative playtime, people get to pick from a large number of card salad kits to use as a creative kick start. I like to call it a Card Smorgasbord. Participants have the option to create during the event or take kits home to play with. It is so fun to see what people create with these kits! Click HERE to see the event details to learn more.
Wanna be notified when other events of this sort are happening. If so, you have two options…
- Subscribe to receive my newsletter and get all the latest news, updates plus special offers just for newsletter subscribers. Click HERE to subscribe, OR
- Click HERE to contact me and let me know…
- you’re ONLY interested in single day Creative Escape type events. Online options are available. I’ll add you to my notification email list for future events AND/OR
- You may also want to know that I’m planning a multi-day event in 2020, that will include similar features to the Creative Escape event described today. If you are interested in my multi-day event in 2020, contact me or leave a comment and include the text, “Creative Bliss Conference Interest”.
Thanks so much for spending some time with me today! I hope you’ve enjoyed hearing about the latest fun in the Treehouse!
There is are complete supply lists, and project dimensions at the end of this post, in case you’d like to purchase any of these products, and/or recreate these projects yourself. FYI, there are FOUR sections of dimensions and supply lists, at the end of this post so you’ll have access to ALL the details!
Happy Crafting friends!
More Going On Now
- New Technique Class Coming Later This Month! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/31/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW 2019 Holiday Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Dimensions – Feels Like Frost Card with Stylish Scrolls:
- Seaside Spray Card Body: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”
- Whisper White Designer Paper Backing: 2-3/16” x 5-1/2”
- First Frost Designer Paper Panel: 2” x 5-1/2”
- Sentiment Piece in Seaside Spray: 9/16” x 2-1/2”
- Whisper White Sentiment Backing: 3/4” x 2-11/16”
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Product List – Feels Like Frost Card with Stylish Scrolls:
Dimensions – Wreath Card with Tidings All Around Bundle:
- Garden Green Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Toile Tidings Designer Paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Garden Green Panel: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Very Vanilla Layer: 3-3/8″ x 3-3/8″
- Very Vanilla Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Product List – Wreath Card with Tidings All Around Bundle
Dimensions – Ornament Card with Christmas Gleaming Bundle:
- Night of Navy Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Very Vanilla Front Panel: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Copper Strip: 1-11/16” x 4”
- Brightly Gleaming Designer Paper: 1-1/2” x 4”
- Very Vanilla Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Product List – Ornament Card with Christmas Gleaming Bundle:
Dimensions – Name Card & Table Gifts:
- Card Body: 4″ x 4-½”
- Monster Bash Designer Paper: 2″ x 4″
- Name Piece: 1″ x 3″
- Name Backing Piece: 1-3/16″ x 3- 3/16″
- Bracket Piece: 1″ x 2″ scored at ½”, 1 and 1-½”
- Monster Bash Designer Paper: 3″ x 6″
- Basic Black Strip for Handle: ¾” x 6″
- Scraps in Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie for base and tag.