In today’s post, I’ll be showing how to make a Trifold card.
Check out my cards made with some of my favorite products in the current mini catalog! I just love these and they were fun and easy to make. In this post, you’ll see lots of photos but to learn all the details about how to make a trifold card make sure to watch my video tutorial. You’ll find a link at the end of this post.
These cards are a bit larger than an A-2 size card with a closed size of 6″ x 3-½”. You can get 2 cards out of a 12″ x 12″ piece of card stock or 1 out of an 8-½” x 11″ piece of card stock. Here’s my card partially open:
For my focal element I’ve die cut a piece of the Snowflake Splendor designer paper and popped it up on a foam adhesive sheet. I’ve also put a lot of mini Dimensionals (cut in half) under the snowflake so it’s popped up too. Here’s the card all the way open:
So for these cards I’ve made simply belly bands with card stock and ribbon so there’s no ribbons to tie but they close up nice and snug.
In the center of my snowflake I’ve used a blue faceted gem to finish it off.
Here are the main products used to make this card. To die cut my openings I’ve used the Stitched Shapes Dies that you see here.
Here are a few essential details about how to make a Trifold card:
- The card bases measure 6″ x 10-⅜” and is scored at 3-½” and 7″. The panel on the right ends up being about ⅛” less in width so the card folds closed without bumping into the fold on the left.
- I die cut my large opening first, then folded it shut to figure out the placement of my smaller opening. I used washi tape to hold the die in place on the cardstock.
For this version of my card, I’ve added one additional layer behind my focal element. Since it’s white, I wanted to frame it by adding some Shaded Spruce card stock. Check out the dry embossed piece behind the die-cut trees. It’s been sponged with shaded spruce ink so the trees show up in the background. Isn’t it pretty?! It’s dry embossed with the Evergreen Forest 3-D embossing folder.
You may be able to see that both the dry embossed piece and the die-cut trees are both on Dimensionals. The stitched square dry embossed piece fits into the opening and serves to help keep the card shut.
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning how to make a Trifold card!
You’ll find a complete supply list plus dimensions at the end of this post. Plus, there’s a link to my video tutorial there too!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- NEW Life Is Beautiful Class
- NEW Glazed Mosaic Technique Class
- Select Designer Series Papers on Sale NOW! – Get a 15% Discount! Click HERE to see what’s on sale.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/15/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 6-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Shaded Spruce OR Pacific Point Card Body: 6″ x 10-3/8″ Scored at 3-1/2″ and 7″
- Tis’ The Season OR Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper: 3-1/4″ x 5-3/4″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 3-1/4″ x 5-3/4″
- Shaded Spruce OR Pacific Point Belly Band: 3/4″ x 8-1/2″
- Shaded Spruce Focal Backing (In The Pines Card): 2-3/8″ x 2-3/8″
- Scraps in Whisper White card stock and Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper