In today’s post, I’ll be sharing a window sheet card made with two different designer series papers.
This unique window sheet card was originally made for the December Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle featuring the Whimsy & Wonder designer paper. This designer paper is retiring on January 3, 2022 but has in fact, sold out! As a result I decided to remake this card using one of the gorgeous new papers in the Jan to Jun 2022 mini-catalog. It’s such a simple, fun card layout that can easily be remade with lots of designer papers.
I’ll first be sharing my original card and then later in this post you’l see my second version made with the Symbol of Fortune Designer Paper.
I especially love this paper because of the multicolored irridecent accents throughout.
I’ve also used some Silver Specialty Foil that has a brushed metallic finish and is just so pretty. Check out this paper in the following close-up!
In this next photo check out how the stars look like a different color from in the photo above! So pretty!
These next two close-up photos focus on the silver heat embossed sentiment but you may also notice that the iridescent shapes on the tree are blue in the first photo and green in the second photo. I just LOVE this!
Now this is a see through window sheet card, so the focal piece is mounted to the outside and the silver foil is on the inside.
Isn’t it fun that you can see the silver foil both when the card is open and closed?
Here’s a peek at the inside of my window sheet card:
The sentiment on this card comes from the Tidings & Trimmings Stamp Set from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog.
My second window sheet card features the gorgeous new Symbols of Fortune designer paper.
On both versions I’ve used the Metallic Mesh Ribbon along the bottom. I love this ribbon!
I chose to heat emboss in gold on Smoky Slate cardstock on this version. Plus, the designer paper focal piece is mounted onto a piece of gold foil for a very striking, elegant look!
Isn’t this card just so pretty! I love how easy it was to make this new version of my card!!!
Here’s a quick peek at the main products used to make this card.
The lovely sentiment comes from the new Special Moments stamp set which will be available as a FREE gift with qualifying orders starting on January 4, 2022.
Next I’ve got some tips and graphics to help you make this card.
Shown here are all the layers I used minus the window sheet:
The first thing you’ll need to do is score your window sheet. You’ll need to press pretty hard and then fold and burnish on the fold line really well.
Start with assembling the focal elements and attaching them to the front of the card base.
Since the window sheet is clear, it’s a little hard to center the pieces. Scroll down to see a quick tip for making it easier.
Once the focal piece is mounted to the front it will be easier to see where to place the foil on the inside. I chose to cut out the center so I didn’t waste the are that would be covered up. You don’t have to do that of course.
After the foil is attached to the inside of the card, you’ll attach a piece of white cardstock which will cover the center die-cut opening and serve as a place you can write your note on the inside.
By attaching a white piece on the backside of the card you’ll be covering up any adhesive showing through the plastic plus you’ll be hiding the opening in the foil sheet as well.
I hope seeing these two cards has inspired you to make a window sheet card of your own!
At the end of this post you’ll find dimensions, a video and a complete supply list with links to my online store.
More Going On Now
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape 01/22/22 – Register by 01/20/22! Get the Surprise Early Bird Special Gift when you register by 01/07/22!
- Check out the Last Chance List of products that will be retiring from the July to December Mini-Catalog. There are items available at up to 50% off. Find the Last Chance Items in my Online Store.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 11/18/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click below to see the July to December 2021 Mini Catalog!
See the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking on the photo below!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
Learn how to make this in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 6-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Window Sheet Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Symbol of Fortune Designer Paper Focal: 3″ x 4-1/4″
- Gold Foil Focal Backing: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Basic White Inside (Left): 3-1/8″ x 4-3/8″
- Basic White Inside (Right): 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Silver Foil Speciality Paper: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White Back of Card: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Smoky Slate Scrap for Sentiment