In today’s post, I’ll be sharing how to make the cutest gift card holder and a coordinating card.
I’ve made three versions of my gift card holder. It’s made to look like an adorable little purse and I just love it. They are made with the Snowflake Splendor suite of products in the current mini catalog. My card and gift card ensemble started with a bunch of watercolored snowflakes and a 1/4 sheet of white card stock with the die cut window shape you see in my cards below.
I started by taking out a bunch of scraps of watercolor paper and then I chose two color schemes for my snowflakes!
The color scheme in the Snowflake Splendor designer paper is absolutely gorgeous and so I wanted at least some of them to coordinate with that paper.
My two color schemes are:
- Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather
- Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana
For both of my projects I decided to use the first color scheme. With the snowflake colors and the white die-cut piece as my starting point, this design came together super fast.
The Pacific Point in the opening and Gorgeous Grape card base were easy picks, and I chose the black layer and sentiment to add some contrast and drama to the card.
I actually made two versions of my card.
The main difference between my two cards is a bit of dry embossing and the placement of my dimensionals. On my first card there was no dry embossing and the sentiment is popped up on dimensionals.
For this second card, the white die-cut frame piece is on Dimensionals, and the Pacific Point piece is dry embossed with the Winter Snow embossing folder.
I think they both look great but I’m a bit partial to the one with the dry embossing. How about you? I’d love to know if you have a preference. Please leave a comment and let me know.
Next, I’m going to share a bit about how to make the cutest gift card holder!
Arn’t these just adorable? Now all I need is a little girl to give them to!
When you see the insides of these little gift card holders, I’m sure you can tell that they are not complicated to make!
Here are the basic steps:
- All you need is a piece of card stock that measures 4″ x 8-½” and that’s scored at 3-1/4” and 6-5/8”.
- You’ll then use one of the Ornate Borders dies to create a decorative edge on the flap.
- I used the Classic Label Punch to cut my opening for the gift card. I did have to punch it twice to make the opening wide enough. Make sure to watch my video for all the tips on creating the pocket.
- Next, you’ll punch some holes for the purse handle and then decorate the front as desired.
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning how to make these projects and are inspired to create some of your own!
You’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store at the end of this post along with my video tutorial. Make sure to check out this video for all the tips and tricks for making these projects!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- NEW Life Is Beautiful Class – Just 2 kits left!
- NEW Glazed Mosaic Technique Class – Just 2 kits left!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/3/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
To learn how to make the cutest gift card holder and coordinating card watch my video here:
The project demonstration begins at around 13 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Gorgeous Grape Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Basic Black Layer: 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″
- Whisper White Die-Cut Layer: 3-3/4″ x 5
- Pacific Point Layer: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Scraps in Watercolor Paper and Basic Black
Gift Card Holder
- Pacific Point, Highland Heather or Night of Navy Body: 4” x 8-1/2” Scored @ 3-1/4” and 6-5/8”
- Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper (2): 3” x 4”
- Gift Card Backing: 2-1/4” x 3-1/2”
- Gift Card Piece: 2” x 3-1/4”
- Ribbon: 8-1/2”