I’m excited to share my Inside Shadow Box Card with you today!
About two years ago I saw a card using this layout and have wanted to make one ever since. My inside shadow box card is pretty simple and is sized so you can get two cards out of a single piece of 8-½” x 11″ card stock. So the finished card is on the small side and measures about 3-⅝” x 4-¼”.
It’s a cute, fun little card with a surprise inside!
Some details about the front of this card:
- The sentiment is from the adorable Snowman Season Stamp Set.
- The patterned paper is the Heartwarming Hugs designer paper from the current Mini Catalog. This designer paper and others are ON SALE this month for 15% OFF!
- I’ve dry embossed a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock with the Dainty Diamonds 3D embossing folder and then used my Pinetree punch to punch out the Christmas Tree.
- The tree is attached to a 2-¼” Real Red circle with Dimensionals.
Some details about the inside of this card:
- All the images used on the inside are also from the Snowman Season Stamp Set.
- The snowman is stamped using Memento Black ink and then colored with a variety of Blends Alcohol Markers.
- For a finishing touch, the white areas on the snowman were colored with a Wink of Stella brush to make it look like snow. Isn’t this little snowman adorable?!
I also made a version of this Inside Shadow Box Card using a Real Red card base.
The patterns in the Heartwarming Hugs designer paper pack are so versatile and pretty! For the designer paper pattern used here, it looked better with a Mossy Meadow backing so I just had to make this alternative version with the red base instead.
For this card, I simply changed the ink colors stamped and the sentiment colors, to go with this alternative card base color. Here’s the inside of my Real Red card:
My Inside Shadow Box Card trio each with different designer paper patterns:
This inside shadow box card layout is quite easy to make!
The secret is in the scoring. At the end of this post, you’ll find dimensions and scoring details. Plus, make sure to watch my video tutorial at the end of this post for my tips on putting this card together.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my Inside Shadow Box Card.
Would you like to receive the precut, punched, and dry embossed pieces to make this card for FREE?
If you receive free card kits from me for purchases in October/November 2020, the kit you’ll receive will include the parts and pieces to make this card, plus two additional cards, depending on the size of your order. A PDF with the dimensions, supplies, and photos of each of the three projects will also be provided. Here’s a photo of the current kits:
Learn how you can get FREE Card Kits!
You can get free kits from me through my FREE Card Kits program or get DOUBLE KITS when you join my Online Stamp Club! It’s just one of the ways I thank my customers for purchasing products through my online store! Click on the links above to learn more!
Plus, first-time customers get all three kits no matter how small your purchase size!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Designer Series Paper on Sale this month!
More Going On Now
- NEW Glazed Mosaic Technique Class – Preorder this class NOW!
- Select Designer Series Papers on Sale NOW! – Get a 15% Discount! Click HERE to see what’s on sale.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! I have a new special offer in September just for subscribers. Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/15/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Card Base in Mossy Meadow or Real Red: 4-1/4″ x 10-3/4” scored @ 3-⅝”, 6-⅝”, 7-¼”, and 10-½”
- Real Red or Mossy Meadow Designer Paper Backing: 3-3/16” x 3-13/16”
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper: 2-11/16” x 2-11/16”
- Whisper White Inside Focal Piece: 3” x 3”
- Whisper White Inside: 3” x 4”
- Outside Whisper White Sentiment Piece: 3/4” x 3-1/16”
- Outside Sentiment Backing: 15/16” x 3-1/4”
- Inside Whisper White Sentiment Piece: 3/4” x 2-13/16”
- Inside Sentiment Backing: 15/16” x 3
Leave a Reply