Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and January 2020 Color Challenge!
In today’s post, I’ll be featuring the new Parisian Beauty Stamp Set with the sponging and masking techniques. This project was created for the January 2020 Color Challenge and Color Fusers Blog Hop. It is also one of my three Jan/Feb Club and Free Card Kit Projects.
I’ve actually made three variations of this card. Two of the three are shown in the photo here.
The third focal piece I created is shown in my video tutorial later in this post.
For this first card, I’ve used Whisper White cardstock and heat embossed the Eiffel Tower image with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Art masking tape was used to mask the moon while Blueberry Bushel and Rich Razzleberry inks were sponged around it and over the embossed image.
- Both the Vanilla Lace Trim and White Crinkled Seam Binding were dyed with Basic Grey ink and alcohol.
Check out my video tutorial ahead for four ways to custom color ribbons like these.
For this next version, I’ve done all the same steps, plus one additional step that was actually done to cover up a mistake.
This focal piece was truly a Happy Accident! To learn all the details watch my video tutorial. For this card, I’ve dyed my Lace Trim by coloring it with a Rich Razzleberry Dark Blends Alcohol Marker. The White Crinkled seam binding was dyed in the same way as for the first card.
Another awesome thing you might like to know is that the Parisian Beauty Stamp Set has a coordinating set of dies. The dies are shown in the photo below.
Plus, you’ll get these products at a 10% discount if you buy them as a bundle.
I actually got the Parisian Beauty Stamp Set as my prize patrol at OnStage in November. I’ve ordered the dies and should be getting them soon and I can’t wait! I could totally see a die-cut Eiffel Tower on this card as an alternative to the stamped image!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my January 2020 Color Challenge project variations! Plus, remember, you can get this as a FREE project kit in the mail through my FREE Card Kit program or if you’re an Online Club member!
Don’t miss my video tutorial just ahead for all the tips and tricks for creating these cards! Also, to recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Bonnie O’Neill’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
Watch my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Join my Online Club and get Free Card Kits plus Free Merchandise upon completion of the club cycle. Click HERE to learn more.
- Technique Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 1/9/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
See the NEW 2020 Sale-A-Bration PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Gray Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Shimmery White Focal Piece: 2-11/16″ x 5″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 2-13/16″ x 5-1/8″
- Blueberry Bushel Strip: 5-1/2″ x 1-5/8″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″