Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and January 2022 Color Challenge!
For the January 2022 Color Challenge I’ve created a beach scene with the On The Horizon Bundle. I started by creating a watercolor wash and used all four colors.
Starting at the bottom of my Shimmery White cardstock, I applied some Soft Suede ink for the look of sand. I then added Mint Macaron, Night of Navy and finally some Blushing Bride Ink at the top.
I have been having so much fun playing with Watercolor Techniques lately and I can’t seem to get enough!
After my background was completely dry I stamped my grass and birds. The grass was stampe in Soft Suede with second ink so it would be a lighter shade. The birds were stamped using Jet Black Staz On ink.
Next, the Horizon Dies were used to die-cut my two fence pieces, the ground and grass.
I attached three of my four die cut pieces together before attaching them to my focal piece.
I used a generous amount of Mini-Glue Dots to attach my assembled fence and grass pieces. As you can see in the photo below I’ve rolled up my glue dots in part to keep them hidden but also to give my fence some additional height.
The grass piece has some stamping on the backside because I experimented with stamping the grass image on the grass die to see what it would look like. I used the back to test out the look.
Here are a few close ups so you can see the shimmer in the paper plus the lovely texture in the watercolor wash.
The shimmery paper shows up really well in this close up of the birds! Subtle and so pretty!
Just so you know the On The Horizon Bundle will be available to purchase starting on January 4, 2022. That’s tomorrow! Wahoo!
I just adore this bundle! On January 4th you will also be able to buy the stamp set and dies separately but you’ll save 10% if you buy them together!
Now in the photo below I’ve shown the four ink pad colors for the January 2022 Color Challenge. The fact is that for my watercolor wash I actually used ink droplets from my ink refill bottles instead of the ink pads. If you have the ink pads you can press your ink pad onto an acrylic block and use this ink to create you watercolor wash. I prefer to use droplets of ink myself.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my January 2022 Color Challenge project!
If you enjoyed this project and would like to learn more watercoloring techniques you may want to check out my Watercolor Techniques Class. You’ll be able to buy the PDF for this class later this week! I’ll add the link to purchase the PDF, to this post, as soon as it’s ready!
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape 01/22/22 – Register by 01/20/22! Get the Surprise Early Bird Special Gift when you register by 01/07/22!
- Check out the Last Chance List of products that will be retiring from the July to December Mini-Catalog. There are items available at up to 50% off. Find the Last Chance Items in my Online Store.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/6/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND an EXTRA gift from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
January to June 2022 Mini Catalog PDF Now Live!
Sale-A-Bration PDF Now Live!
Click to check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Basic White Thick Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Crumb Cake Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Shimmery White Focal Piece: 3-3/4″ x 5″