Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and January 2023 Color Challenge!
If you’ve already started the blog hop you should be coming from the talented Melanie Hockin’s blog post. If you’ve just joined in, make sure to do the full hop and see all the wonderful projects created by the Color Fusers Design team! The color scheme for the January 2023 Color Challenge is Fresh Freesia, Rich Razzleberry, and Granny Apple Green.
Today’s project features the NEW Ginkgo Branch Bundle which will be available when the January to April mini-catalog goes live in just a few days!
To create my focal piece I started by stamping the Ginkgo Leaves image in first, second, and third ink in Granny Apple Green ink. I simply love this image!
Next, I cleaned my stamp, inked it up with Versamark, stamped it in two places, and heat-embossed the images with clear embossing powder.
The heat-embossed images are pretty subtle as you can see here.
So, next, I used a Blending Brush to add Granny Apple Green ink over the heat-embossed images so they would stand out a bit more. Fresh Freesia ink was added along the top also with a Blending Brush.
The sentiment is heat embossed in white and die-cut with one of the Gingko Branch dies.
Three die-cut pieces were attached on the left side in all the same shape, one each in each of the three colors. They were attached at the bottom with multipurpose liquid glue and at the top with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Last but not least some 2021 – 2023 In Color Opal Rounds were added for a touch of shine and interest. Fresh Freesia is one of the colors in this set of In Colors. This color will be retiring at the beginning of May 2023.
The Ginkgo Branch Stamp Set and Dies shown below will be available to purchase on January 5, 2023, when the January to April 2023 mini-catalog goes live!
I can’t wait to play with this set some more!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my January 2023 Color Challenge project!
You’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post. Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Janneke Dijkstra de Jong’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
If you want to go back instead click below to see Melanie Hockin’s blog.
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- NEW January to April Mini-Catalog Now Live! Click HERE to request a new mini-catalog & brochure!
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion Happening NOW! Click HERE to see the brochure!
- Winter Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event is on January 27 & 28, 2023! Click to Reserve Your Spot!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/19/23 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
January to April 2023 Mini Catalog LIVE on January 5, 2023!
Click below to see the catalog PDF.
Sale-A-Bration Promotion Starts on January 5, 2023!
Click below to see the PDF of the brochure.
Click to check out the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Fresh Freesia Card Body: 5-½″ x 8-½″
- Rich Razzleberry Layer: 5-3/16″ x 3-15/16″
- Basic White Focal Piece: 5″ x 3-¾”
- Basic White Inside Piece: 5-¼” x 4″
- Granny Apple Green, Fresh Freesia & Rich Razzleberry scrap for die-cut pieces
Stacey Marsh says
Gorgeous card design, love that background technique! x
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks so much Stacey. I’m glad you enjoyed my card design.
Tami Hewlett says
Beautiful card Melissa! I love those white flowers in the background. They really add a wow factor.
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks so much Tami!
Kris Kilkenny says
Gorgeous card! I love the emboss resist leaves. It adds such a fancy touch. Looks like a little painting on your card front. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing your technique!
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks so much Kris! I hope you’ll enjoy playing with the ideas on your own creations. Happy Crafting!