I’ve created joy fold cards in the past but this set of cards have an added feature that I really like!
Today’s joy fold card tutorial includes a set of colorful cards with a latch closure. This latch element allows the card to stay shut more securely, plus it’s just more fun to open and close making it more of an interactive card.
My cards today feature, the Welcoming Window Stamp Set, Layering Circles Dies, and the awesome Pattern Party designer paper! I have three finished cards to show you but you should also know that in my video tutorial I’ve shared some other ideas for additional alternatives using the backsides of this paper too.
For all my cards, I’ve heat embossed my sentiment with white embossing powder however, I’ve used different colors of cardstock to coordinate with the papers on each version. On this first version, I’ve used Poppy Parade cardstock for the die-cut sentiment piece. I just love how bright and cheerful this card is!
Since this is a club card and I only had four pieces in each pattern, I needed to come up with some other combinations of designer paper so I’d have enough for all my club members to make two each of this card layout. This was pretty easy to do because it’s an amazing pack of fun patterns and designs!
Before I share the other versions of my card I want to share some of the details for putting this card together.
Now as they say “a picture is worth a thousand words” so the next few photos are intended to provide a basic joy fold card tutorial for you.
You’ll also find a video tutorial at the end of this post.
Here is my card body when it’s open. I’ve simply attached two of my designer paper panels and then attached my internal folding piece to the inside of the card. I’ll be using the Tear & Tape in the next step.
Next, you’ll attach your third piece of designer paper (the small piece above) and put two pieces of Tear & Tape on the backside. The photo below only shows one piece of Tear & Tape, but I recommend that you add a second one right next to the first one.
Attach this assembled piece so that it’s flush with the left side of the card as shown below.
After attaching the latch piece you should be able to slip your internal folded piece under it easily as you see here:
Here’s a top view of the card:
Next, put Dimensionals on the flap and die-cut scallop circle to attach it to the latch element.
About half of the circle will be hanging off the edge of the latch on the right, so make sure there are no Dimensionals on that part, otherwise, you’ll seal your card shut and will not be able to open it.
This next version is the one you’ll see me make in my Joy Fold card tutorial video.
All the basic elements are the same here, although I’ve used a piece of Pool Party cardstock for the sentiment piece to coordinate better with the designer paper.
This next card is the last and final version I’ll be sharing in this post.
For this final version, I’ve used Bermuda Bay cardstock for the sentiment piece.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Joy Fold card tutorial using the Pattern Party designer series paper!
This designer paper, (shown below) is a host-only item which means you can only purchase it using host rewards. To get host rewards you need to either…
- Purchase $150 in merchandise or more, to earn host rewards on your own order OR
- Get a host code to use so you can gather orders for a party. Contact me if you have questions and/or to request your very own host code.
You should also know that it’s an awesome time to host a party because Sale-A-Bration is going on NOW and you can get a FREE stamp set in addition to host rewards!
In fact, during Sale-A-Bration you can Get FREE Items when you Buy Products, Host a Party and Purchase the Starter Kit!
Here are the basic details:
- Customer Benefits:
- For each $50 in merchandise you spend you earn a Level 1 Free item.
- For each $100 in merchandise you spend you earn two Level 1 items or one Level 2 item.
- Host Benefits
- Get a Free Stamp Set called “In Your Words”, when you host a party with $300 in sales or more.
- That’s in addition to the regular host rewards you earn.
- Get Host Rewards for your own order or request a host code below to gather orders!
- For Starter Kit Purchasers
- Get $125 in Products for just $99 plus tax PLUS,
- Get a FREE Bundle! There are 12 bundles you can choose from the new mini-catalog!
As a reminder, today’s project is a Stamper’s Club project so if you join a club soon you can get the parts and pieces to make this card, plus two additional cards for FREE.
In fact, you get the pieces to make 2 each of 3 different designs, and the cutting, dry embossing, and die-cutting will be done for you! A PDF with the dimensions, supplies, and photos of each of the three projects will also be provided. Here’s a photo of the current kits:
Note: The materials for just one of each project are shown below so you’ll receive double what you see if you join the club.
Learn how you can get a FREE Class-To-Go every other month plus FREE Stampin’ Up! products by clicking on the button below!
Scroll to the bottom of this post for project dimensions and a complete supply list. Plus, make sure to check out my video tutorial for some alternative ideas and tips for making these Joy Fold cards.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Did you miss the Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event? If so, you can still join in for the “after the live” package of electronic materials! You’ll receive 9 comprehesive written tutorials and 9 video presentations, including 31 project ideas, 17 techniques/variations, 5 Christmas card ideas, 2 Fun Fold cards and more! Click HERE to purchase this event for $45.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! I have a new special offer in September just for subscribers. Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 8/12/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
The July to December 2021 Mini Catalog is now LIVE!
Check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this project in my video tutorial:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic White Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 2-3/4″ & 5-1/2″
- Inside Designer Paper Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White Inner Card: 3-1/2“ x 7”
- Inside Card Designer Paper Piece: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- White Front Flap: 1-7/8″ x 3-3/4”
- Front Flap Designer Paper Piece: 1-3/4″ x 3-5/8″
- Side Front Designer Paper Piece: 2-1/2″ x 4”