Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and July 2019 Color Challenge!
I hope you’re enjoying the blog hop so far and this soft, pretty, color scheme! My July 2019 Color Challenge project features the Varied Vases Stamp Set and coordinating Vase Builder Punch. The colors used include two of the NEW 2019 – 2021 In Colors, Purple Posy and Seaside Spray. The third color is called Soft Sea Foam.
This is a super simple card with some fun little details.
A few details:
- You’ll dry emboss the Soft Sea Foam background piece using the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- The banner piece is stamped with the flower image repeatedly along the top and bottom, in Seaside Spray ink. I cut the banner with my paper snips.
- The sentiment piece is stamped in Seaside Spray ink and attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Are you wondering where the scalloped ribbon came from at the top of the banner? It’s some of the new Scalloped Linen Ribbon in Purple Posy.
This ribbon comes in all the 2019 – 2021 In Colors. I simply cut off the scallop portion and attached it around the backside of my banner using Mini Glue Dots.
More project details:
- For the focal piece, you’ll punch out a white circle using the 2″ Circle Punch and then stamp the flower outline with Highland Heather ink at the top of the circle. I really wanted this image to be darker so I did add in this extra color even though it wasn’t part of the color challenge.
- Next, stamp the inside of the flower image with Purple Posy ink.
- Then you’ll stamp and punch out the little vase in Soft Sea Foam ink on the same color cardstock. I attached my vase with Mini Glue Dots.
- The focal piece is attached to a piece of Purple Posy cardstock punched with the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch. This whole element is attached to the banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project and are loving the July 2019 Color Challenge and blog hop.
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions just ahead.
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Melanie Hawkin blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Two New Promotions Start TODAY! – Click HERE for all the details!
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get
$125$155 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during July and August 2019, plus get a $10 coupon to spend the month after you join! Click HERE to learn more.
- Get Coupons With Orders in July! – Click HERE for details!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 7/18/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Seaside Spray Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Soft Sea Foam Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White Banner: 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White Sentiment Piece: 5/8″ x 2-1/4″
Melanie Hockin says
Cute card Melissa! I love how you stamped the background on the white layer. That looks really neat!
Melissa Kerman says
Thank you Melanie! Still haven’t looked through the hop. Gotta do it! I’m laying on the beach right now. So relaxing!
Tami Hewlett says
Melissa, you have so many great ideas on this card! I love the way you stamped the banner with the flowers, and the trimmed-down ribbon looks fantastic!
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks so much Tami!