Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and July 2020 Color Challenge!
Now truth be told, I had very little time to get my card figured out for the July 2020 Color Challenge and so I went to my favorite source for ideas which is Pinterest. I have a secret board where I pin items that I find inspiring or that I simply want to C.A.S.E.. (C.A.S.E. is an acronym for “Copy And Share Everything”.)
I found this adorable card I’d pinned made by fellow demonstrator, Connie Babbert and I figured it would be super easy to switch out the colors to fit the color challenge. The featured products here are the Under My Umbrella Stamp Set and the Umbrella Builder Punch.
This was a super simple, quick card to make especially since I didn’t change much at all. The colors of course are different and I also used a different strip of designer series paper. I used some of the In Good Taste Designer paper which is chock full of amazing photo-realistic images. The one I used is a photo of what looks like embossing paste spread over a surface and it has elements of blue in it. It seemed like the perfect subtle background element to offset the umbrellas and add some texture too. Check out all the amazing patterns in this designer paper pack here!
So, to get started I attached my strip of designer paper to my white panel and then stamped my sentiment. Next, I stamped the umbrella tops and bottoms in memento black ink onto my four colors of card stock and punched them out with my umbrella builder punch. I just love using punches in my stamping because it’s just so easy and fast!
Now the one thing that wasn’t quick on this card was the adorable flower pieces.
Each one of these was stamped, colored, and fussy cut with my paper snips. Incidentally, these are the best scissors in the world for fine detail cutting! I colored my flowers using the light and dark Calypso Coral Blends Alcohol Markers. The foliage was colored with a Coastal Cabana Stampin’ Write Marker. The coloring itself was fast just because the images are so small but the cutting took some time. It was well worth the effort though because I think they are simply adorable and really pull the card together.
Once everything is stamped, punched and fussy cut, the rest is a piece of cake!
Here’s the order in which I assembled my pieces:
- Attach the umbrella top and bottom to one another using a mini glue dot.
- Attach flower pieces to the umbrellas with mini glue dots.
- Put Dimensionals all over the backside of the umbrella tops and behind each flower piece and attach them on top of the designer paper strip on the card.
Tips to make sure the umbrellas are uniformly raised up:
- Put a dimensional over, or close to, where the glue dots may be exposed so there’s no risk that the glue dot will stick to the front of the card and make that portion of the umbrella flat against the card instead of raised up.
- Don’t put dimensionals exactly where the two pieces of card stock overlap so you don’t add a different amount of height to your piece when it’s attached to the card.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my July 2020 Color Challenge project!
To recreate this project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Melanie Hockin’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Get a $5 Coupon with Every $50 in Merchandise during Bonus Days! – Click HERE to Shop Now!
- New Technique Class Available – Click HERE to learn about my Dry Embossing with Vellum Technique Class.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 7/9/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click to check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Pacific Point Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Whisper White Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- In Good Taste Designer Paper Strip: 1-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Scraps in Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, and Whisper White
Melanie Hockin says
So so cute Melissa! The flower accents are just perfect!!
Jo Anne Hewins says
Cute card, Melissa!
Tami Hewlett says
Adorable! Love the layout!!!
Nicolle Belesimo says
This is such a sweet card Melissa!