Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and July 2021 Color Challenge!
The color scheme for the July 2021 Color Challenge is Petal Pink, Gold, Black, and White. Now, this is a color scheme that I would never have dreamed up which makes it especially fun and challenging too. Now that said, I sort of created this card, in this color scheme, by accident. So how does that happen you might ask?
To create this card I started by playing with my Gilded Leafing with one of my “Hello & Thanks” embossing folders, to create the main focal element. I wasn’t even thinking about this color challenge project at the time!
I then started playing with my cardstock layers and ribbons. The gorgeous Petal Pink ribbon here simply had the elegant, special looking I was looking for, plus I loved it with the gold and black.
Here are the basic steps to create the focal piece:
- I inked up my embossing folder with Versamark, placed a piece of black cardstock into the folder, and ran it through my Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- By doing this I’m basically stamping the Versamark ink onto the cardstock while simultaneously making an impression in the paper.
- I then covered my piece with Heat & Stick Powder, melted the powder, and placed my piece into my Gilded Leafing. The Gilded Leafing sticks to the places where the melted Heat & Stick Powder is.
- Then simply rub off the excess Gilded Leafing to reveal the shapes.
I thought creating something with the July 2021 Color Challenge would be hard when in fact, I didn’t even have to try at all!
It happened by accident instead! Go figure!
For this project, I was also able to use my adorable Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine right on my crafting desk because it’s so small and compact. The “Thanks & Hello” embossing folders are small enough to fit in this small machine. So fun!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my July 2021 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Melanie Hockin’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- The Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape is Happening Soon! It’s going to be a Blast! Learn more by clicking HERE.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 07/15/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click to check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF!
The August to December 2021 Mini Catalog is coming on 8/3/21!
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Petal Pink Layer: 4″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic Black Focal: 3″ x 5-1/2″
Leave a Reply