Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and June 2019 Color Challenge!
Today I’ll be sharing two coloring projects made with the Free As A Bird Stamp Set and the Stitched Labels Nested Dies. These two products will be available as a bundle starting tomorrow with the launch of the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog! So fun!
For this first project, I’ve used Vellum Cardstock for my focal piece.
As you can see here, the images are heat embossed with black embossing powder and then colored in with Real Red and Blueberry Bushel Stampin’ Write Markers. I also used a Gray Granite Stampin’ Write marker to add a little color to the ground.
Some important things you should know about coloring on vellum:
- First, I always color on the backside of my vellum. It ends up looking a bit neater by doing it this way. I also managed to get a little bit of shading by added a second layer of red around the outside edges of the bird.
- The other important thing to know about coloring on vellum is that the ink will stay wet on the surface longer than on regular Whisper White cardstock. So, make sure not to touch the colored images before they’re completely dry, or the ink will smear and you’ll get ink where you don’t want it.
Check out my video tutorial ahead for more details.
This second card does not technically meet the requirements of the color challenge but I had to share anyway!
For this version, I stamped with the Memento Black ink and then used my light and dark Cherry Cobbler Blends Alcohol Markers to color in my bird. The Color Lifter was used for some shading and I’ve also used the light and dark Smoky Slate Blends Alcohol Markers to color near the beak and for the legs and ground.
As you can see here, the focal piece is recessed in the Blueberry Bushel raised frame.
I love the images in the Free As A Bird set and these Stitched Nested Dies!
These two items can be purchased separately or as part of a bundle starting June 4th!. You save 10% when you buy them together too!
This bundle is part of the Bird Ballad product suite which includes a variety of additional fun products too!
For a limited time only, you can get a medley of Bird Ballad consumables through my “Taste of a Suite” product shares offering! Plus, there are 13 shares to choose from!!!
Here’s a photo of the Bird Ballad “Taste of a Suite” product share:
To learn more about my “Taste of a Suite” product shares for the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog click HERE. This offer ends on June 5, 2019!
I hope you enjoyed my projects and are enjoying the June 2019 Color Challenge blog hop.
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions just ahead. Plus, don’t miss my video tutorial just ahead for all the details!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
Watch my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Get Hostess Benefit WithOUT Hosting AND… WithOUT Spending $150! with my… Annual Catalog Special Offer!!!
- Celebrate the launch of the New 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog and get hostess rewards plus FOUR additional gifts too!
- Join the party by Friday, June 7, 2019
- Click HERE to find out more!
- NEW Technique Classes! Registration is now Open!
- RSVP Deadline for June Class: June 7, 2019
- Click HERE for all the details.
- 3 Month Subscription Pricing now closed!
- Check out my Unique & Awesome “Taste of Suite” Product Shares!
- Preorder them NOW through Wednesday, June 5, 2019!
- Click HERE for more details
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below. Retires 6/3/19!
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below. Retires 6/3/19!
Card with Whisper White Frame:
- Whisper White Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White Die Cut Frame: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Vellum Cardstock Focal: 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White Vellum Backing Piece: 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″
Card with Blueberry Bushel Frame:
- Whisper White Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Gray Granite Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Blueberry Bushel Die Cut Frame: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White Die Cut Piece: Diecut from first card