Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and June 2020 Color Challenge!
Initially, I was not so sure I would enjoy playing with the color scheme for the June 2020 Color Challenge and Blog Hop but as soon as I started playing it was all good! In fact, I was having so much fun that I made two card designs instead of just one and I could have kept playing without a doubt!
For this first project, I wanted to play with a simple fun fold. I’ve seen several card designs with this layout recently and so I just had to do it! Plus, one of my customers recently sent me a beautiful card she made with this layout, which served as my inspiration. Thank you, Barbara!
- The front panel is simply stamped with Pool Party, Petal Pink and Melon Mambo ink using images from the Lovely You Stamp Set.
- The sentiment piece was created using the NEW and awesome Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I love how you can create multiple pieces that layer on top of each other as I’ve done here.
The Lovely You Stamp Set and Lovely Labels Pick a Punch can be purchased together as a bundle and you save 10%!
Below is a close up of my layered sentiment piece. I love the fonts used for the sentiments in this set. Plus, this sentiment is my favorite. Can you also see the shimmer on my Petal Pink flowers? I’ve used my Clear Wink of Stella brush on all my Petal Pink flowers.
What makes this a “fun fold” is simply the fact that the folded portion is smaller than a typical card and it’s on top of a quarter sheet of card stock as you can see here. Isn’t it fun how the die-cut elements show both when the card is closed and when it’s open!?
Here’s the stamp set and dies used on this card. I really should have included the punch in this photo too but I forgot to include it when taking my photos.
This second card could really be categories as a “scrap salad” card!
When I was creating my first card I die cut a bunch of these die-cut elements to test out different colors to use along the edges. I couldn’t help but start playing with all these fun pieces because I just love all these die-cut shapes. I first started playing with my June 2020 Color Challenge colors plus white but just had to experiment with bringing black into the mix.
Once I started playing with the black elements too, there was no turning back. I just love how black introduces some stark contrast and a bit of drama to the look.
I fiddled around with the placement of my various colors and different die-cut shapes for a while until I found a configuration that felt balanced. There is no real obvious pattern.
Once I decided on the placement and spacing, I used multipurpose liquid glue to attach my pieces. I started with the outside pieces and one at a time moved to the center pieces, all along the way making sure my spacing was relatively even.
The sentiment here comes from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. I’ve stamped it in Jet Black StazOn and die-cut it using one of the smallest Stitched Nested Labels Dies. It’s then backed with another die-cut piece. The Vellum card stock layer is dry embossed using one of the NEW Greenery Embossing folders from the Forever Greenery suite. The whole sentiment element is attached to the body of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionsal.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my two cards made for the June 2020 Color Challenge and Blog Hop!
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Please note, several of these products are not available to purchase until June 3, 2020 with the launch of the 2020 – 2021 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Nicolle Belesimo‘s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares NOW Available to Preorder! Click HERE to learn more!
- Get Hostess Rewards withOUT Hosting with my 10 @ $100 Limited-Time Special Offer! Learn more HERE.
- Get Retiring Products before they’re gone! Click HERE to see all the retiring products in my online store.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 6/4/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click Below to See Retiring Products in my Online Store!
See the Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
The NEW 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog is Coming on June 3, 2020!
Fun Fold Card with Lovely You
- Pool Party Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Petal Pink Folded Piece: 2-3/4″ x 11″ scored @ 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Focal Piece and Inside Panel: 2-1/2″ x 5-1/4″
Many Medallions Card
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Gray Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black Sentiment Backing Layer: 2-3/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Vellum Cardstock Sentiment Backing Layer: 2″ x 3-1/4″
- Scraps in Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Petal Pink and Basic Black for die-cut pieces