Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and June 2021 Color Challenge!
The color scheme for the June 2021 Color Challenge is the New 2021 – 2023 Stampin’ Up! In Colors. I am simply loving these new colors individually and as a set. Now for this months challenge we can use any or all of the colors. As you can see from my card below I’ve used all five of the New In Colors with the Meadow Dies.
I am simply loving this set of dies and can’t stop playing with them. In the photo below, you can see the set of dies and a sampler of all the die-cut pieces. It’s always easier to appreciate a set of dies when you can see the actual shapes they create.
For this card, I cut a medley of die-cut pieces and just started playing with making a bouquet.
Once I settled on an arrangement of elements, all the pieces were attached to one another at the bottom with glue dots. A piece of the Metallic Mesh ribbon was tied in a knot and attached to the bottom to mimic the look of the wrapping you might see on flowers purchased in the store. An “air-bow” was created using a piece of the Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon and then it was attached with some multipurpose liquid glue.
Tip: Use a large acrylic block to hold down the bow while the multipurpose liquid glue dries.
Next, I used two of the dies in the set of Meadow Dies to create an impression in the white cardstock in the background.
I created this background while designing projects for one of my Technique Classes. To learn more about Dry Embossing with Dies sign up for this technique class. You can buy just the electronic class-to-go or treat yourself to the class with project kits. As of the writing of this post I’ve got just one kit left! Click HERE to learn more.
In addition to the dry embossed flowers on the focal piece I’ve also dry embossed a layer of Basic White cardstock with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder for the background. Note: This is a separate piece of cardstock measuring 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ that is dry embossed and attached to the front of the card body.
Now, you should know that the set of Meadow Dies has a coordinating stamp set that I also love. These two products work beautifully on their own or used together but when you buy them together you get a 10% discount on the bundle.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my June 2021 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Gail Ellis’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- New Technique Class featuring Landscape Scenes! Learn more by clicking HERE!
- Get Up to 50% off on Last Chance items Retiring from the January – June Mini-Catalog! Click HERE!
- Host and Get a minimum of $50 in FREE Products from Stampin’ Up! with qualifying Parties OR Place an order of $250 in merchandise or more! Contact me to get your own host code OR simply order now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 06/10/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click to check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF!
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
- Thick White Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- White Dry Embossed Piece: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Evening Evergreen Focal Backing: 3-5/8″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic White Focal: 3-3/8″ x 5-1/2″
- Scraps for die-cuts in Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent, Pale Papaya, Polished Pink, and Fresh Freesia