Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and March 2020 Color Challenge!
The color scheme for the March 2020 Color Challenge and Blog Hop immediately made me think of the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set and Natures Thoughts Dies. Both the color scheme and these products are earthy and natural-looking, so it is a perfect match. I adore both of these products and love this simple card!
I made two variations of this project with just a few additional elements on one of them. Can you see the difference in this first photo?
For this first version, all three images were stamped on scrap pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock and die cut using the Natures Thoughts Dies.
- The fern image was stamped in Pear Pizzazz Ink twice in the background with first and second inking.
- The flower image was stamped in Mint Macaron Ink on the card body with second and third inking.
- Finally, the butterfly was stamped in Soft Suede Ink on the card body in second ink.
For this second version, I did a little more stamping on the card body than on the first one, but that’s not the main difference.
For this card, I sponged the edges of the card body and all four sides of the torn Soft Suede piece. I also used a paintbrush and some Soft Suede ink to flick little specks of ink on the Very Vanilla card base after the stamping was done. All three die-cut pieces are attached using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Please Note: The Natures Thoughts Dies are a limited-time offering and only available until 3/31/20 OR While Supplies Last!
This pair of products is shown below. I die cut the pieces in gold foil (except for the rectangle die) to show them off a bit but forgot one important die. Check out the tiny little butterfly die on my magnet sheet. It’s the cutest little butterfly!
Here’s a close up of the butterfly from one of the projects in my blog post from this past Saturday. The projects in that post feature these same products which I absolutely love! Click on the photo to check out that post.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my March 2020 Color Challenge project variations!
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Technique Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 3/5/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
See the NEW 2020 Sale-A-Bration PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Thick Very Vanilla Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Soft Suede Strip: 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Scraps in Very Vanilla for die-cut pieces