Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and March 2021 Color Challenge!
I just love the color scheme for the March 2021 Color Challenge! Today’s colors are Seaside Spray, Gray Granite, and Early Espresso. I’ve made two projects with these colors that feature the Vine Design Bundle plus a die from the Tasteful Labels set of dies for the sentiment piece.
The Vine Design Bundle includes the Vine Design Stamp Set and Flowering Vine Dies.
The large, white, circular shapes with the flower pattern, were created by masking with one of the die-cut shapes from the Flowering Vine Diess. With the mask in place, blending brushes were used to add the Seaside Spray, Gray Granite, and Early Espresso ink.
Next, the images were stamped in Early Espresso and Seaside Spray ink in the spaces between the masked shapes. Three Rhinestone jewels were added for some added interest and shine.
Last but not least, the “Thank You” sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso ink and die-cut with a die from the Tasteful Labels dies. An “airbow” was tied using a piece of Metallic Seaside Spray ribbon and attached below the sentiment with a glue dot.
This second version of my card is different in just a few ways.
The placement of my colors in and around the masked shapes is a bit different. For this one, the Seaside Spray is toward the center of the masked shapes and the Gray Granite and Early Espresso are more in the spaces in between.
For this version after I masked, added color and stamping I dry embossed the whole piece using my Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. You may be able to see the texture in this next photo.
The sentiment piece here is also a bit simpler. I stamped with Early Espresso ink and used the Treasured Tags Pick A Punch to create the decorative ends. I LOVE this punch! It’s so simple and elegant.
As a reminder, when you buy the Vine Design Stamp Set and Flowering Vine dies together as a bundle you save 10%!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my March 2021 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewletts blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits or a FREE Product. Click HERE for more details about Free Project Kits.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 03/04/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Click to check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Seaside Spray Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Early Espresso Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- White Focal Piece: 3-11/16″ x 4-15/16″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Scraps in White and Gray Granite