Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and March 2022 Color Challenge
The color scheme for the March 2022 Color Challenge is a gorgeous combination of two greens, Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent combined with Rich Razzleberry. This color scheme just screams vintage elegance and I immediately knew the images from the Ranunculus Romance Stamp Set would be perfect.
To recreate this card you’ll first want to compose your collage of images.
Start by stamping the image(s) you want to be the most prominent. Here, those images are the flower and foliage images. All the images are stamped with JetBlack StazOn. Some are stamped with full ink and others are stamped with second ink, to create some variation and dimension to the collage.
Next, plan out the placement of the other images in the collage.
Make sure to leave some open space around the featured image and consider the visual weight of each image relative to the others. Here are a few tips:
- Leaving open space helps to ensure that your main image stands out and the piece doesn’t get too cluttered.
- Use an odd number of each image. So for my flower, Eiffel Tower stamp, and the rectangular-shaped stamp, I’ve only used one of each and arranged them so they form a bit of a triangle ( in relation to one another). The script can be found in three places. The foliage is in seven places with some stamped in first ink and others stamped in second ink.
- Each image will add its own visual weight to the whole. Very heavy, dark images, with bold lines (eg. the “gate” at the bottom) will pull your eye to it and away from other images. Images with thinner lines (eg. the script image) will serve more as fill, interest or texture and not draw as much attention away from the featured image(s).
Now we can begin adding color with some Blending Brushes.
In addition to using the challenge colors, I also used some Gray Granite to provide more of a vintage look. Here’s my piece after all the colors were added.
Next, you’ll stamp some subtle specks of Evening Evergreen in first and second ink. Then I washed my stamp, added some specks using Versamark Ink, and heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.
For the finishing touch, add three Brushed Brass Butterflies.
I love these butterflies and the added touch of shine!
Here’s a peek at the gorgeous Ranunculus Romance Stamp Set with my card.
This stamp set also has a coordinating set of dies and when you buy the dies and stamp set together as a bundle you get a 10% discount!
Click HERE to check out the Ranunculus Romance Bundle.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my March 2022 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the March 2022 Color Challenge projects!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Waves of the Ocean Stamp Camp To Go! One Amazing Product Collection, 12 Fun Projects! Get with project kits or the PDF Only Option! Learn more by clicking HERE.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 03/10/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Learn more by clicking HERE.
View the January to June 2022 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below!
Click to check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- White Focal Piece: 3-1/2″ x 4-¾”
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-11/16″ x 4-15/16″
- Evening Evergreen Layer: 4-1/16″ x 5-5/16″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-¼″
Melanie Hockin says
The perfect bundle for a collage card. Fun!
Sue Vine says
Gorgeous collage, I’ve not really tried one of these…. but I’m pretty certain I will be trying one
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks so much Sue! I’d love to see what you create. Happy Crafting!
Melissa Kerman says
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. 🙂