In today’s post, I’ll be sharing some Masculine cards that are a sneak peek of the May 2022 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle.
On the first week of each month, the Simple Suite Stampers design team publishes a tutorial bundle focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month is the He’s The Man Suite. People always seem to need masculine cards so I think tutorial bundle recipients are going to love these projects and this bundle of tutorials. In this post, you will see three card designs.
This first project is my original design for the tutorial bundle.
The featured product on all of today’s masculine cards is the He’s The Man Specialty Designer Paper (Item #159068).
This is considered a specialty paper because one of the sheets is a set of die-cut pieces (upper left in photo below). I’ll be using some of these die-cuts on one of the cards later in this post. The colors in this paper are Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Soft Succulent, Crushed Curry and Basic Black.
Take a look at these papers:
In this close-up, you’ll see that all the designer paper pieces used here have textured backgrounds that make them look a bit like fabric. This gives the paper depth and provides a subtle interesting background to the images on each of these papers.
For this first project, I’ve also used the Picture This Dies for the die-cut openings.
Check out the unique stitching around the die-cut openings. I love the added interest this adds to the card.
Another aspect of the Picture This Dies that I love is the fact that you can use BOTH the negative and positive cut-out pieces. The cut-out pieces also have stitched edges on them!
Picture This Dies – Item #155559
The sentiment used here comes from the Sending Smiles Stamp Set!
Isn’t the sentiment perfect with the themes on these papers?
Sending Smiles Stamp Set – Item #158701
There are so many great sentiments in this stamp set that can be used alone or can be paired with the large “Sending” stamp.
I just love how this simple card turned out! That said, I decided to mix things up a bit and create yet another version of this card just for fun!
Here’s the second version of my card.
As you can see, for this version, I switched the orientation from portrait to landscape and used Sahara Sand cardstock for my die-cut piece instead. This Sahara Sand piece had already been die-cut from when I was initially playing with my first design so it was in my “card salad” stash. Why not use it right?
This is the card I created during my Facebook Live video which you will find at the end of this post.
As you can see, I decided to add in the layered “Sending” dies and I used a different stamped sentiment as well. For this version, I felt like there was enough space to use this large die-cut piece without covering up too much of the designer paper.
I made a few small changes to my card after my Facebook Live was over, which improved the card quite a bit.
- The Sahara Sand die-cut piece was cut down so that more of the Early Espresso cardstock could be seen around the edges. This large edge is a much more pleasing frame to show off the focal piece, plus the balance of the colors is better as well.
- I added a few of the Rustic Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots to the upper left-hand corner. This little element helped to fill out the space in this open corner. Plus, it helped to balance out the card with so much going on at the bottom.
I love the imagery in these papers! I grew up camping with my family and we had an airstream trailer. The larger trailer shown here makes me think of those memorable summers as a kid.
Here are my two cards side by side. Do you have a favorite?
Leave a comment and let me know.
This next adorable card was designed by Patti Dolan, one of the Simple Suite Stampers design team members.
This card uses three of the die-cut pieces from the He’s The Man Specialty Designer Paper pack. I especially love this paper pattern and the adorable little die-cut van. When recreating Patti’s card, there was one set of dies she used that I did not own. This die is part of the He’s All That Bundle from the He’s the Man Suite. Since I do not have that set of dies I had to get creative with how I made my sun.
Below is the He’s All That Bundle. Patti used the circle shaped die in the lower right hand corner of this photo. As you can see it has a wavy edge and a dry embossed inner circle created when this piece is die-cut.
To recreate the look of this die, I used the Layering Circles Dies and the NEW Stylish Shapes Dies.
A Blending Brush was used to add Daffodil Delight ink to both of these circles and then they were simply attached to one another and then to the card. I also snipped off a bit of the bottom of this element so it wouldn’t stick out below the van.
Here’s close up look at my sun:
Last but not least the van and sentiment die-cut pieces were attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. This was a super quick and easy card to make and it’s just so cute! Thanks Patti!
Here’s a final look at this trio of masculine cards:
If you enjoyed today’s masculine cards you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the May 2022 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with ANY SIZE ORDER!
- If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code. In that case, you’ll get host rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
Note: Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chicks Team Member!
- Get $125 in products for just $99 plus free shipping. Plus…
- Get an additional $66.50 worth of 2022 – 2024 In Color Products completely FREE when you join by May 31, 2022!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering. Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! I want to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Tell me more!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 06/9/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Waves of the Ocean Stamp Camp To Go! 1 Amazing Product Collection, 12 Fun Projects! PDF Only Option STILL AVAILABLE! Click HERE to learn more and Buy the Instant Download.
- Summer Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape – Save the Dates: July 29 & 30, 2022! Click to Reserve Your Spot NOW!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND an additional gift from me!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog is NOW LIVE!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
Click below to see the January to June 2022 Mini Catalog!
The January to June 2022 Mini Catalog is retiring soon!
See the Last Chance List by clicking below!
Discounts of up to 50% off starting on June 1, 2022!
Learn how to make these masculine cards in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstrations begins at around 9-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions.