Today’s project is a clean & simple card with a wow! It features the masking technique with the Gorgeous Leaves Stamp Set and beautiful autumn colors.
This card and masking technique is so simple that I couldn’t help but make two additional versions featuring other stamp sets and color schemes.
To get started I masked my white cardstock on the left and right and used blending brushes to add the following fall colors: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Cherry Cobbler.
Next, I removed the masks and stamped two of the leaf images with Jet Black StazOn. For this version, I then stamped my sentiment, fussy cut it, and then attached it to the colored piece just below and to the right of the stamped leaves.
I then dry embossed this layer using the Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder. I love the added texture and interest the dry embossing provides! Last but not least this piece was attached to a white card base with dimensionals.
The masking technique, combined with the blended colors, stamping and dry embossing, takes this clean and simple card to what I think is a real Wow! I hope you love it too!
This next card is made in almost exactly the same way as the first card using the masking technique.
The only difference is that the sentiment was stamped directly on the cardstock after the masking and colors were added.
Isn’t this a great sentiment?! It’s a little hard to read on the dark ink so here’s a close-up so you can see it better.
For this version, I’ve used the Beauty of Tomorrow Stamp Set with the following ink colors: Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry, and Polished Pink.
The last version of my card with the masking technique includes a winter theme.
The sentiment here is a bit better suited to the design because the thicker font shows up a bit better on the dark ink.
While I love this card as is, you could also add in some bling by using some rhinestone jewels or some Clear Wink of Stella. I decided to keep it simple.
The stamp set used here is called Snowflake Wishes and the colors used are Night of Navy, Pacific Point, and Balmy Blue. I love how this one turned out!
Here’s my trio of cards made with the masking technique.
I hope you love these and are inspired to create your own clean and simple card using the masking technique!
At the end of this post, you’ll find a link to my video tutorial which includes additional tips and details for you. Plus, you’ll also find dimensions and complete supply lists for all three of these projects there.
More Going On Now
- Do you want FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? If so, check out the details of Sale-A-Bration below! Ends 9/30/21!
- RSVP before it’s too late! The next Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event is Happening on 10/2/21!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 09/9/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
During Sale-A-Bration you can Get FREE Items when you Buy Products, Host a Party and Purchase the Starter Kit!
Here are the basic details:
- Customer Benefits:
- For each $50 in merchandise you spend you earn a Level 1 Free item.
- For each $100 in merchandise you spend you earn two Level 1 items or one Level 2 item.
- Host Benefits
- Get a Free Stamp Set called “In Your Words”, when you host a party with $300 in sales or more.
- That’s in addition to the regular host rewards you earn.
- Get Host Rewards for your own order or request a host code below to gather orders!
- For Starter Kit Purchasers
- Get $125 in Products for just $99 plus tax PLUS,
- Get a FREE Bundle! There are 12 bundles you can choose from the new mini-catalog!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click below to see the July to December 2021 Mini Catalog!
See the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking on the photo below!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
Learn how to do the Masking Technique in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 5-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- White Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- White Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Gorgeous Leaves Card
Beauty of Tomorrow Card (additional supplies used)
Snowflake Wishes Card(additional supplies used)
Robin Dasch says
Did I miss the link for the masking tape on Amazon? Thanks love these cards.
Robin Dasch says
Link for the tape please. Nice cards.
Melissa Kerman says
Here is the link for the Art Masking Tape that I use: https://amzn.to/3gYtxsy