Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and May 2022 Color Challenge
For the May 2022 Color Challenge I’ve made a simple, cute card with the Limited Edition Stamp Set and Stylish Shapes dies. Both of these items are in the 2022 – 2023 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog and will be available to purchase starting on May 3, 2022.
I received the Limited Edition Stamp Set Free from Stampin’ Up! as part of the OnTour event I attended in April. My favorite image in the set is the one I used on this card. I just love the idea that a card is like a “Paper Hug” in an envelope so I wanted this image to take center stage on my card by stamping it repeatedly and in a variety of ways.
I started by playing around with stamping the image repeatedly on my Crumb Cake cardstock in a pattern. The photo below shows this Crumb Cake piece, some of the layering I was toying around with, and an idea I was contemplating using three of the stitched circles from the Stylish Shapes dies.
This was really the starting point for my design!
Next, I proceeded to die-cut one circle each in, Balmy Blue, Basic White, and Crumb Cake cardstock.
Since I wasn’t envisioning any other layers of the Balmy Blue, I decided that the biggest die-cut circle should be in that color. I knew that I wanted the most prominent sentiment to be in all three colors, so it just made sense to do that one on white cardstock.
Here’s how I created the multicolored sentiment:
- For the sentiment on my white piece I inked up the stamp with Versamark Ink and then using Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, and Balmy Blue Stampin’ Write Markers, I inked up the stamp, one word at a time.
- While the Versamark allows the ink to stay wet a bit longer I also huffed on my stamp to rewet the ink before stamping it on my white cardstock.
- Next, I covered the piece with clear embossing powder and melted the powder with my heat tool. You can see here that each of the words is shiny, raised, and in each of the three respective colors. Fun right?!
I used the same process with Versamark and my Balmy Blue and Crumb Cake ink pads respectively, to do the same process for one of the sentiment images on my two other circles. In addition, on the Balmy Blue circle, some of the images are first ink and others are second ink. This helps to create some variation and dimension on the piece.
To add additional dimension…
The largest circle is attached directly to the card, the white circle is attached with one layer of Dimensionals, and the small Crumb Cake circle is attached with two layers of Dimensionals. For the bow, I’ve used three pieces of the White Crinkled Seam Binding to tie a bow. It’s attached to the card with a Mini Glue Dot.
Last but not least, can you see that there is some texture behind the circles? The Pacific Point layer is dry embossed using the Painted Texture embossing folder. It sort of looks like crinkled paper to me and so I liked that imagery with the “paper hug” theme.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my May 2022 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- 2022-2023 Annual Catalog Special Offer – Get Host Reward PLUS FIVE Additional GIFTS! Register & Order by May 8, 2022!
- Spring Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Get the “After The Live” Event Now! Click to Buy it NOW!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 05/12/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Waves of the Ocean Stamp Camp To Go! 1 Amazing Product Collection, 12 Fun Projects! PDF Only Option STILL AVAILABLE! Click HERE to learn more and Buy the Instant Download.
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Learn more by clicking HERE.
View the January to June 2022 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below!
The 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog is RETIRING on May 2, 2022!
Get Last Chance products before they’re gone!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
See Last Chance Products on my website by clicking below!
- Pacific Point Card Body: 11″ x 4-¼″
- Crumb Cake Layer: 3-⅞″ x 5-⅛”
- Basic White Layer: 3-⅞″ x 4″
- Pacific Point Layer: 3-⅞″ x 3-½”
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-¼″
- Scraps in Balmy Blue, Basic White, and Pacific Point for die-cut pieces