This week’s Facebook Live is part 2 of my 18-year Anniversary celebration. I shared some more card making fun with another “Rewind/Redo” project and a “Fast Forward” project too.
Are you ready for more card making fun? Each year when I celebrate my Stampin’ Up! anniversary I like to look back at some of the projects I created as a new demonstrator and take stock of how I’ve developed and changed. Today’s “rewind” project is the card shown on the left side in the photo below. My “redo” project is the card on the right.
This “redo” project is made with the Berry Blessing Stamp Set which was one of the Sale-A-Bration freebie items from the promotion that just ended.
While it’s subtle, one of the things that have changed in my paper crafting in recent years is that I now like to vary my layering more. I think it just gives the card a bit more interest. On my original card above the thickness of the edges are all uniform at ⅛”, whereas on the new Berry Blessings card, I’ve used a thin subtle edge around the focal piece and a wider edge is showing of the Shaded Spruce card body.
The other change worth noting is that most often I choose to use smaller bows and more subtle elements with ribbon in general. For the bow here I’ve layered a twin and thin ribbon and tied a bow with the both of them at the same time.
This next card is sort of my “redo” number two.
It’s not exactly the same layout but there are some similarities. Both cards include a simple stamped layer and a sentiment with a ribbon element. This card was actually CASE’d from a card made by Cindy Schuster, one of the Stampin’ Up! concept artists. I just love the multiple colors of Strawberries plus it’s just such a cheerful color scheme!
The somewhat haphazard ribbon and sentiment placement is a bit out of the ordinary for me. At this stage of my crafting journey, I’m a bit more willing to try things I might not have years ago. The photo below shows how the ribbon piece was folded and attached to the backside.
The Sweet Strawberry stamp set was used to make this card. There is an awesome coordinating punch as well but it is currently not available. It will return soon and we’ve been told, it’s going to be in the new annual catalog that goes live the beginning of May! Wahoo!
I just love this pair of fruit themed cards! So fun!
Now in my Facebook Live this past Thursday, I made the Strawberry card, plus what I like to call a “fast forward” project as well.
The “fast forward” project is intended to reflect my current style and how I’ve developed as a crafter. In the photo below you’ll see a little sneak peek of that project. I’ll be creating a separate blog post dedicated to that project which will go live in the next few days.
Check back soon for some more card making fun!
At the end of this post you’ll find the dimensions and supply lists for both “redo” projects. Plus there’s a link to my Facebook Live video as well! Watch the video to learn all the details about these cards.
More Going On Now
- RSVP Now for the Butterfly Bouquet Stamp Camp featuring 12 Projects! Spots are limited!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Choose a Free product OR FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 03/25/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Join me for some more card making fun in my Facebook Live here:
The project demonstration begins at around 13-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Project Dimensions Strawberry Redo Card:
- Petal Pink Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- White Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- White Sentiment Piece: 7/8″ x 2-1/8″
- Granny Apple Green Sentiment Backing: 1-1/16″ x 2-3/8″
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Project Supplies Strawberry Redo Card:
Project Dimensions Blueberries Redo Card:
- Shaded Spruce Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Night of Navy Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- White Focal Piece: 3-11/16 x 4-15/16″
- White Sentiment Piece: 1-3/8″ x 2″
- Night of Navy Sentiment Backing: 1-1/2″ x 2-1/8″
- Shaded Spruce Sentiment Backing: 1-13/16″ x 2-5/16
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″