Welcome to the November Color Challenge for the Color Fusers Blog Hop!
My project today features the Happiness Surrounds Stamp Set that is part of the Snowflake Showcase limited time offer this month. I am loving all the products that are part of this offer and have had a blast playing with them. The truth is I was a bit on the fence about buying the set I’m sharing today. As it turns out, I’ve made more cards, and had more fun with this set, than any other product being offered through this limited time offer. Go figure!
The color challenge this month was a pretty easy one for me. I just love Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana to begin with and I love how they pair with the Early Espresso and Crumb Cake!
This is has a fun fold to it! It’s called an easel card and it’s really easy to make.
I’ve created two versions of this card and here is the first one:
There is a video tutorial ahead but here are a few of the basics for how I created the focal piece.
- Start with a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- You’ll do a variety of techniques including watercolor stamping with blocks, heat embossing and sponging.
- Then add rhinestone jewels in the center of each of the large medallion images.
- Color the rhinestones with a Bermuda Bay Blends Alcohol Marker.
Here’s a close up or one of the medallions:
The second version of my card for the color challenge today is different in a few ways.
- Instead of sponging Early Espresso in the center of each medallion, stamp the two images from the Happiness Surrounds set in Early Espresso, one superimposed over the other.
- Use the same flower image to stamp some images in Bermuda Bay ink in the open spaces between the medallions. First and second ink were used when stamping the flowers.
Here’s a close up or one of the medallions on this card:
If you recreate this card be forewarned… this is the type of card that never turns out exactly the same twice!
To me it’s a bit of an artsy sort of card so you’ve got to be willing to sort of go with the flow and let your creative self shine. I do hope you’ll try it and let me know how it goes.
Here’s my pair of cards:
Here’s a graphic and link to all the products available through the Snowflake Showcase limited time offer:
I hope you enjoyed my projects today and will leave a comment and tell me what you think!
For your convenience, there’s a complete supply list and project dimensions just ahead. Plus, check out my video tutorial ahead for all the details!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop today! The next stop is Kelly Acheson’s Blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
Check out my Video Tutorial Here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please pop on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful!!!
If you’d like to see more heat embossing ideas you may want to check out two of my signature techniques, the Impressions of Tarnished Foil and the Black Ice Techniques. I have links to projects featuring these techniques here:
- Click HERE to check out one of my Impressions of Tarnished Foil projects
- Click HERE to check out one of my latest Black Ice Technique projects.
More Going On Now…
- Snowflake Showcase Limited Time Offer Started Thursday 11/1!
- Get Free Card Kits in the Mail when you place a qualifying order in my Online Store!!!
- Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits, and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2018 Holiday Catalog PDF by clicking the photo below.
Click Below to see the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF
- Card Body in Bermuda Bay: 4-1/4″ x 11″ Scored @ 2-3/4″ & 5-1/2″
- Coastal Cabana Layer: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Early Espresso Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Very Vanilla Focal Piece: 3-13/16″ x 5-1/16″
- Raised Early Espresso Piece: 1-5/8″ x 4″
- Bermuda Bay Layer: 1-7/16″ x 3-13/16″
- Early Espresso Inside Layer: 3-1/2″ x 4″
- Vanilla Inside Layer: 3-1/4″ x3-13/16″