Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and November 2019 Color Challenge!
The color scheme for the November 2019 Color Challenge is clearly perfect Christmas and yet I felt compelled to play around with a new product suite that is not necessarily for Christmas. It’s called Christmastime is Here, and the stamp set is called Christmas Rose, but it really can be used at any time of year. This month’s color scheme is Pretty Peacock, Cherry Cobbler, and Copper.
What you see on this card is one large image that is heat embossed on watercolor paper, and then watercolored!
There are some other little details you may want to know about as well which are included just ahead.
A few project details:
- An Aqua Painter was used to watercolor all the elements with the exception of the berries.
- After the watercolored images are dry, use a Clear Wink of Stella brush to color the rose image.
- The focal piece is sponged on the edges with Pretty Peacock ink.
- A Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker was used to color the berries.
- The background panel of Pretty Peacock cardstock is dry embossed using the Brick and Mortar embossing folder, and then the direct to paper technique was used to add some ink to the raised brick shapes.
- Sponge the edges of the Pretty Peacock focal backing piece with the same color ink, and attach it to the dry embossed layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sponge the edges of the Pretty Peacock dry embossed piece with the same color ink and attached to the Copper Foil layer with snail adhesive.
- The Copper Foil Layer was attached to a Pretty Peacock card body.
I hope you like my November 2019 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Plus, be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- New Technique Class! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 11/6/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW 2019 Holiday Catalog PDF below.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Pretty Peacock Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Copper Foil Layer: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Pretty Peacock Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Pretty Peacock Focal Backing: 3-9/16″ x 4-9/16″
- Watercolor Paper Focal Piece: 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Leave a Reply