Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and November 2022 Color Challenge!
If you’ve already started the blog hop you should be coming from the talented Sue Vine‘s blog post. If you’ve just joined in, make sure to do the full hop and see all the wonderful projects created by the Color Fusers Design team! The color scheme for the November 2022 Color Challenge is Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce. While I can’t say that I love this color combination the projects turned out great.
Today’s two projects are “Floating Elements” cards and they are simple and fun to make!
The floating element is popped up on Dimensionals and is attached to a die-cut rectangle cut with one of the Deckled Rectangles dies.
The die-cut flower is made with the Meadow Dies and the sentiment is from the Plentiful Plants Stamp Set.
Here’s how I created my “floating piece”.
Simply attach some cardstock strips to a plastic window sheet as shown below. I’ve spaced my strips with equal spacing between them but you could vary the spacing if you want.
Then you’ll die-cut a circle using the layering circles dies.
You can, of course, use any shape die that you want for your floating element!
Here I’ve used one of the Scalloped Contour dies for my floating piece.
On this version I used two of the Meadow Dies for my die-cuts.
Since there’s a lot more going on in this focal piece with the scallops and stitching, I went with a simpler background piece. Instead of using a Deckled Rectangle, a simple Stitched Rectangle die was used.
Here’s my pair of floating elements cards:
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my November 2022 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett‘s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
If you want to go back instead click below to see Sue Vine‘s blog.
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Graceful Tiles Class-To-Go Available NOW! Class-To-Go AND PDF Only Options! Click HERE to register now!
- CREATIVE EXTRAVAGANZA – Event-To-Go AND Virtual Only Options! Click HERE and complete this form if you’re interested in To-Go Options! Event kits are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis!
- Winter Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape – Event Dates: January 27 & 28, 2023! Click to Reserve Your Spot by 11/8/22 to be entered in the Early Bird Drawing!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and Get Special Perks!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 11/17/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
July to December 2022 Mini Catalog PDF is NOW LIVE!
Click to check out the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Basic White Card Body: 4-¼″ x 11″
- Window Sheet: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ or 3-1/2″ x 5″
- Basic White Die-cut background layer: 4″ x 5-¼
- Circle Focal Sentiment Piece: 1-⅝″ x 9/16″
- Scalloped Rectangle Focal Sentiment Piece: 1-13/16″ x 9/16″
- Basic White Scraps for die-cut pieces