Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and October 2019 Color Challenge!
I love simple monochromatic designs and so was happy to play around with the October 2019 Color Challenge. The colors include Cajun Craze, Grapefruit Grove and one of the new 2019 – 2021 In Colors, Terra Cotta Tile. I have two cards to share with you today. They both feature the Beauty and Joy Stamp Set from the Holiday Catalog.
Now, before I created these cards I had been playing with this same stamp set for my October Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle project. For that project a used the set as designed, with a simple planter type focal piece. I loved the project, but for this one wanted to do something a bit different by playing around with one of the images in the set, in an atypical sort of way.
I just love the shape of the planter image in the set. Plus, that little swirl in it is so sweet too!
A few project details:
- For this design, I simply started stamping my images in the center of my Very Vanilla cardstock and worked my way up and down to cover the whole piece. I aligned the tops and bottoms of each planter to create the pattern you see here.
- The central row of planters was stamped using the Grapefruit Grove ink. The row above is Terra Cotta Tile and the top row is stamped in Cajun Craze. Then I simply stamped the other two rows continuing the pattern to cover the whole piece of cardstock.
- The sentiment piece is created with the Tailored Tags Punch. To create the black edge I punched a tag from Basic Black cardstock, cut it in two the long way, and attached one piece to frame the top and another to show at the bottom.
- Both the sentiment piece and larger black cardstock piece are attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For my second card… I essentially did the same thing except I left some open space, to show the stair-step pattern, in the upper right-hand corner.
I actually prefer this second card over the first one. It’s a little less busy without all the stamped sentiments and I like seeing the stair-step pattern since it’s not totally covered with stamped images.
For this version, I used the Basic Black Scalloped Edge Ribbon instead of the Black Satin ribbon, which I also prefer.
I hope you like my two atypical designs made for the October 2019 Color Challenge and blog hop!
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Kelly Acheson’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Creative Escape Event Registration Now Open! Live and Event-To-Go Options! Click HERE for more details. RSVP Deadline: 10/11/19!
- New Technique Class Coming In October! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/10/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW 2019 Holiday Catalog PDF below.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Grapefruit Grove Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Very Vanilla Stamped Piece: 3-11/16″ x 4-15/16″
- Very Vanilla Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Very Vanilla Stamped Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Very Vanilla Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Melanie Hockin says
What a fun idea and it looks great Melissa!
Absolute wonderful use of that stamp set. I never would have thought of doing that.
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks Jacqueline! Honestly, I was pretty proud of my “out of the box” thinking on this one. LOL! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I need to do more of that because it’s really fun! Have a great day and thanks for taking the time to comment!
Tami Hewlett says
Love the way your mind thinks and these creative cards!!!