Welcome to the October 2020 Color Challenge and Color Fusers Blog Hop! For my project today, I’ve created a simple card with the Beautiful Autumn Stamp Set. Techniques used on this card include simple stamping, stamping off, heat embossing, and dry embossing
The October 2020 Color Challenge color scheme immediately made me think of fall!
So I just had to pull out one of my favorite new fall-themed sets called Beautiful Autumn. I’ve created a few different projects with this set but for this card, I used three of the images I have not previously used.
Most of the images in the Beautiful Autumn stamp set are two-step stamps which simply means you stamp one image over, or next to, the other to build the image.
Tip: With two-step stamping, you can stamp the layered images in two different colors or use the stamping off technique to get different shades of the same color. I have used the stamping off technique for all my images on this card.
- The “wheat” image was stamped in Cinnamon Cider ink and then stamped again without reinking, to get the lighter, stamped off images.
- The Crumb Cake foliage and Cherry Cobbler leaves are both created using two stamps, one for the outline and one to add color to the image. I’ve used full ink for the outside of the image and stamped off with the same color to get a lighter tone for the image stamped on the insides of these images.
So I really like this earthy color scheme but I wanted some shiny elements and a bit of texture to make this card a little more interesting.
- The Cinnamon Cider layer is dry embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder for some added texture.
- For some shine, I’ve added pops of gold in three places. The sentiment is heat-embossed in gold, I’ve added gold twine behind the sentiment, and there are three gems with gold flecks for additional gold accents.
While it would have been easier to use a simple rectangle or die-cut shape for my sentiment, I chose to fussy cut it instead. This card has a lot of vertical lines so I didn’t want a rectangle-shaped, sentiment piece too. I love how the gold embossing looks with this gorgeous shiny gold twine!
Here’s what my assembled sentiment piece looks like on the backside:
Now I just love the three gold elements on this card with the sentiment and twine being the first two. A close-up of the third gold embellishment is shown in the photo below. These “Wonderful Gems” (that’s actually what they’re called) are clear faceted gems with gold flecks throughout. I just think they are so pretty! Here’s a close up:
When you buy these Wonderful Gems you get the ones with the gold flecks in two sizes plus you get red gems in two sizes as well. I have used both the small and large gems on my focal piece.
Do you ever struggle with where to begin when you create?
I often hear from people that they don’t know what to do with the products they buy, and they don’t know where to begin creating. To help address this problem, I’ve started sharing a bit about what I call the “Building Blocks of a Design Process”. I essentially pick apart the decision-making process for how I settled on a given design and even why I made certain design choices. I hope that by sharing my design process it will help make the design process easier for others.
I’d love to hear from you! Was this graphic useful?
Does it help you with your design process and if so in what ways? Please leave a comment and let me know!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my October 2020 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Jo Anne Hewins blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Select Designer Series Papers on Sale NOW! – Get a 15% Discount! Click HERE to see what’s on sale.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/8/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Click to check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Crumb Cake Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Cherry Cobbler Focal Backing: 2-15/16″ x 5-1/2″
- Cinnamon Cider Dry Embossed Layer: 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Crumb Cake Scrap for Sentiment