Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and October 2021 Color Challenge!
The color scheme for the October 2021 Color Challenge is Just Jade, Evening Evergreen, and Cajun Craze and I just love it! It was so fun to play with this color scheme to create todays fun fold card featuring the Intricate Leaves Dies & Pattern Party Designer Paper.
This card is a lot easier than you might think!
It required a bunch of die-cutting, some simple scoring, and one simple cut. Here’s what the card looks like open and laying flat. The white panel is hidden when the card is folded up and the designer paper that is cajun craze becomes hidden when the card is laying flat as you see here.
Each of these designer paper panels started as simple black and white patterns. The color was added using Blending Brushes. The panel on the left is colored with Just Jade ink; The middle panel shown in the photo above is colored with Cajun Craze Ink; The panel on the right is colored using Evening Evergreen ink.
To get started making this card you simply need a piece of cardstock that measures 8-1/2″ x 9″.
I like to score my full-size piece first and then do my diagonal cut. When you cut the piece as shown in the graphic below you’ll have two card bases.
Next, you’ll cut strips of designer paper at three different heights. You’ll need four panels in total, three for one side and one for the backside. For my card, I used three designer paper panels and one cardstock panel. In the graphic below I used two designer paper panels and two cardstock panels.
For the left and right side panels, I’ve created an embellishment with a bunch of die-cut pieces made with the Intricate Leaves Dies. White Crinkled seam binding was used for the bows. For the bow shown here, I used a Cajun Craze Blends Alcohol Marker to color the ribbon before tieing into a bow.
The ribbon for this bow was colored with a Just Jade Blends Alcohol Marker.
Isn’t this a fun card and a beautiful color scheme?
The Intricate Leaves Dies can be purchased alone or as part of a bundle with the amazing Gorgeous Leaves stamp set shown here.
You save 10% when you buy these products as a bundle too!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my October 2021 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Gail Ellis’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Sepia Technique Class Sneak Peeks Now Available to See! Click HERE to learn more and register.
- Did you miss the Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event? If so, you can still join in for the “after the live” electronic materials! You’ll receive 10 comprehesive written tutorials and 10 video presentations, including tons of project ideas, Christmas card ideas, 2 Fun Fold cards and more! Click HERE to Buy Now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/7/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the July to December 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Click to check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF!
Learn how to make this project in my video tutorial:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 8-1/2″ x 9″ scored @ 3″ and 6″ and cut on the diagonal at the 2-1/2″ points (from the top on one side and from the bottom on the other) on the 8-1/2″ sides. (see template in this post) Makes two card bases.
- Tall Pattern Party Designer Paper Piece: 2-13/16″ x 6″
- Medium Pattern Party Designer Paper Piece: 2-13/16″ x 5″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 2-13/16″ x 5″
- Small Pattern Party Designer Paper Piece: 2-13/16″ x 4″
- Scraps in Evening Evergreen, Just Jade and Cajun Craze for Die-Cut Shapes