Check out this fun alternative layout with a window! Learn three essential tips for making these Painted Poppies Stampin’ Up! cards in today’s post.
I simply love this product suite and will be offering a Class-To-Go and live In-Person class featuring projects with these products, in February. You’ll find more details later in this post.
This card was created for a swap I did back in December that showcased products from the new Mini-Catalog. I made about 16 of these so I figured out some useful tips for making it come out perfectly without fail. Two different patterns from the Peaceful Poppies designer paper pack were used to mix things up a bit.
The tall image was stamped first and then masked so that the smaller flowers would look like they are in the background.
Doing the masking in this way makes the images look so much more realistic and I love it! The images are stamped in Memento Black ink and colored in with Blends Alcohol Markers. The colors used are Rich Razzleberry, Real Red and Mossy Meadow.
So I’ve got three tips for you for making this window card.
Tip #1: This first tip will help you place your images so they fit well in the opening.
Tip #2: Use a post-it note to mask the bottom both to leave space on your card to write a note plus so the bottoms of the images end on the same line.
Tip #3: Create a mask for the tall flower image and stamp the smaller row of flowers over the top.
Here are my two Painted Poppies Stampin’ Up! Cards with one open.
I love the clean line at the bottom of the flower image.
If you love this stamp set and project, I think you’ll love my Painted Poppies class projects too. Both the Live Class and Class-To-Go are coming in February!
Click HERE to see some sneak peeks and to learn more about this class.
Please Note: The Painted Poppies stamp set is included in the fees for two of the three class options. In these cases, you’re getting the class for almost nothing and largely paying for the product only. If you already purchased this stamp set but want to take the class, you can select another stamp set of the same or smaller value as an alternative.
If you’d like to see me demonstrate this project, check out my Facebook Live video just ahead.
Plus, at the end of this post, you’ll find project dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store. Thanks for spending some time with me today.
More Going On Now
- NEW Painted Poppies Class in February! Click HERE to see Project Sneak Peeks and to learn more!
- Technique Club & Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 1/16/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
See the NEW 2020 Sale-A-Bration PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration starts at 3 minutes in case you’d like to skip ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Card Base in Blackberry Bliss: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Card: 4″ x 10-1/2″ Scored at 5-1/4″
- Peaceful Poppies Designer Paper: 2″ x 4″
- Blackberry Bliss Strip: 3/8″ x 4″