It’s time for the June 2021 Simple Suite Stampers paper crafting tutorial bundle.
Today’s paper crafting tutorial bundle sneak peeks feature the 2021 – 2023 Stampin Up In Colors. In this post, you’ll see 2 of the 12 projects in the bundle! This is a super fun set of tutorials made with a wide range of products. The unifying theme is of course the In Colors.
This first colorful card was Gloria Plunket’s project for this month’s paper crafting tutorial bundle.
I would have loved to make Gloria’s project exactly as designed but as is often the case, I was missing a few of the products she used. Gloria used the Pattern Party Designer Paper for her designer paper piece on the right. This paper is a host only item that is in the new 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog. This a large and fun variety pack of 12″ x 12″ paper that now I just have to have. Gloria also used the new Basic Borders Dies to create a fun Zig Zag stitched edge. While I didn’t have these products for today’s projects I have ordered them! So fun!
For my versions of Gloria’s project I used the True Love Designer Series paper and the Inspired Thoughts Bundle which includes an edge die.
The Medium Daisy punch, Sprig punch, and the gorgeous In Color Shimmer Vellum were used to create the flowers. Check out the lovely shimmer on these flowers! A Clear Faceted Gem is used in the center of each of my flowers. These come from the Elegant Faceted Gems pack which includes three different colors of gems in two sizes.
For the second version of my card, I used Blends Alcohol Markers to color the designer paper strip.
I’ve used Light and Dark Blends Alcohol Markers in Positively Pink, Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya, and Soft Succulent to add color to a piece of the True Love Designer Paper. This small strip was a bit time-consuming to color but I love the result!
For the flower centers on this card, I used a different gem from this same pack of Elegant Faceted Gems. If you don’t yet have these embellishments, you just have to get them!
The center gem is shimmery white and just so pretty as you can see in the next photo!
The truth is though that they are even prettier in person. You may also be able to see in this photo that there’s a subtle bit of blue in behind the flowers plus some tiny specks of black for some added texture and interest. Watch my video ahead to learn a fun trick for creating these fine detail specks.
It’s always fun to have a dressed up card inside plus I didn’t have to do anything extra since the designer paper shows on the inside and outside.
Here’s a close-up of the colored strip. These images are pretty small but both the light and dark of each color were used for each flower and leaf. I just had to share a close up so you might be able to see some of this subtle detail on my colored piece.
Which of these two cards do you prefer?
Leave a comment and let me know if you feel so inclined.
This next project was my contribution to the June 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle.
I’ve created three versions of my card. This card was inspired by a swap I got while on the Stampin’ Up! Incentive trip to Maui. Check out the video tutorial at the end of this post to see this gorgeous swap card made with the Simply Elegant specialty designer paper.
The card below in the Pale Papaya color scheme is the one I made during my Facebook Live video. This and my other cards all use the Simply Elegant Bundle and a variety of designer papers. The In Color Shimmer Vellum and the Gold Speciality Paper are just two of the papers used on these cards and I have to say I’m absolutely in LOOOOOVE with both of them.
I literally gasped when I opened up the Gold and Rose Gold Specialty Paper pack for the first time.
Can you see the lovely texture in the gold paper? It is simply gorgeous!
For this second card, the color scheme is primarily Fresh Freesia and Bumblebee.
The floral Pansy Petals designer paper piece at the top adds a fun additional element to this version.
Instead of using the Simply Elegant trim, the lovely Gold Shimmer ribbon was used here for a simple alternative look.
This last and final card is the original version of my card and is the one included in the June 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle.
This monochromatic color scheme includes two of the In Colors, Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent. I love how they look together with the gold accents!
As a reminder, these cards were inspired by a swap card which you can see in my video at the end of this post. I just love the versatility of this layout!
Now, there’s one important detail and tip I’ve not yet mentioned that I think you’ll want to know!
If you look at the punch in the photo below can you tell that it’s much shorter than the piece shown on these cards? I’ve used a simple trick with my punch that allows me to alter the length of my punched piece. Make sure to watch my video at the end of this post to learn that trick or click HERE to skip to that exact spot in the video!
If you enjoyed today’s cards made with the 2021 – 2023 In Colors I think you’ll love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the June 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE or for a Fee. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours for FREE:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order.
- If you’re not a subscriber you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! You’ll also get Free Card Kits!
- Do NOT use the host code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get host rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Would you like to get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE?Here’s how:
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chicks Team Member!
- Get $125 in products for just $99 plus free shipping!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions by clicking HERE.
- Click HERE to Join now!
Scroll down to the end of this post to see project dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store. Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- New Technique Class featuring Landscape Scenes! Learn more by clicking HERE!
- Get Up to 50% off on Last Chance items Retiring from the January – June Mini-Catalog! Click HERE!
- Host and Get a minimum of $50 in FREE Products from Stampin’ Up! with qualifying Parties OR Place an order of $250 in merchandise or more! Contact me to get your own host code OR simply order now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Choose a Free product OR FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 06/10/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking on the photo below!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Learn how to make this in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 11-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I don’t usually share project dimensions. The truth is, I forgot and typed all the details out by accident so just decided to include it anyway. Enjoy!
Long Tag Punch Card
- Thick White Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Soft Succulent Shimmer Vellum: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Evening Evergreen Layer: 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Evening Evergreen Designer Paper for Punching: 1-11/16″ x 3-1/2″
- Basic White Sentiment Piece: 1-11/16″ x 1-5/16″
- Gold Metallic Speciality Paper for Sentiment Backing: 1-11/16″ x 1-1/2″
- Soft Succulent Designer Paper: 2-7/8″ x 2-3/8″
- Pansy Petals Striped Designer Paper: 2-7/8″ x 1-3/4″
- Gold Metallic Speciality Paper: 2-7/8″ x 1/8″
Vellum Flower Card
- Thick White Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- True Love Designer Paper: 1″ x 5-1/2″