Today’s elegant card features the Parisian Flourish Embossing Folder with both heat embossing and dry embossing! It’s a simple technique but a WOW effect!
I’ve created two versions of this card, in two color schemes. They both use Parisian Flourish Embossing Folder and the Brick & Mortar embossing folder but they are done in different color schemes.
This first version combines Blueberry Bushel cardstock, Silver embossing powder, and black.
To get started:
Versamark ink is applied directly to the embossing folder and then I put a piece of Blueberry Bushel cardstock into the folder and ran it through the big shot. The Versamark gets pressed onto the cardstock in all the flat areas. You then cover the focal piece with silver embossing powder and heat with a heat tool.
To finish up the focal piece:
I then used some sandpaper to remove some of the silver embossing powder and distress the raised areas. The last step for the focal piece was to sponge with Blueberry Bushel and Jet Black Staz On ink.
The dry embossed background piece was also sponged with Jet Black Staz On ink.
This second version combines Pretty Peacock cardstock, Copper embossing powder, and black.
For this version, I’ve done all the same steps as on the first card. I used a little less black on this focal piece.
I absolutely adore the Parisian Flourish Embossing folder! It was the first product I had to play with from the new mini-catalog.
As you can see here it’s really beautiful just using plain cardstock as well!
The Parisian Flourish embossing folder is part of the Parisian Blossoms suite which includes lots of amazing products!
This suite includes two stamp sets and coordinating dies, designer series paper, ribbon, embellishments and of course this embossing folder. You might also like to know that you can get any of these products,
- As a bundle (there are two bundles that each include just stamps and dies for a 10% discount) or,
- As a Suite Bundle, where you get EVERYTHING shown in the photo below with just one code! If you love this suite and want to buy the whole set of products that one code makes it so easy!
Today’s cards are one of my three January/February Club and Free Card Kit projects. There’s still time to join my Online Club that starts in February OR get Free Kits with your qualifying orders!
When you join a club you get 6 Free Card Kits in the mail every other month for FREE, plus Free merchandise at the end of the club cycle. You can also get Free Card Kits through my Free Card Kit program. There’s no FREE merchandise in this case but it offers the flexibility to order only when you want to!
Whether you join a club or just place an order you can get card kits in the mail for FREE!
- Click HERE to learn more about my Online Club.
- Click HERE to learn more about my Free Card Kit Program.
Watch my video tutorial just ahead to learn all the tips and tricks for creating today’s project! Plus, you’ll find dimensions, and a complete supply list with links to my online store, at the end of this post.
More Going On Now
- Technique Club & Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 1/23/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
See the NEW 2020 Sale-A-Bration PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel or Pretty Peacock Focal Piece: 2-13/16″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3″ x 5-1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel or Pretty Peacock Layer: 4″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″