In today’s post, I’ll be featuring a sneak peek of this month’s tutorial bundle featuring three simple Peaceful Poppies card ideas. There’s even a fun fold!
Each month a new Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial bundle comes out which features 8 projects created by 8 different demonstrators. We always focus on a theme. This month’s theme is the Peaceful Poppies suite of products. After the tutorial bundle goes live I feature 3 of these projects as a sneak peek. Today I’ve got three Peaceful Poppies card ideas to share with you from the tutorial bundle.
This first card was created by design team member Sandra Hernandez.
It’s so different from anything I’ve seen on Pinterest, created with the Painted Poppies stamp set. I really love the simplicity of it!
To make it my own I added a little Wink of Stella in the centers of all the flowers but other than that I remade her card as-is! So simple and lovely right!?
This next card layout is a fantastic fun fold and was created by design team member Vicki Parsons.
I did a few things to make it my own. Firstly, I used a different designer paper because I just love this pattern, so had to use it! Second, I changed up the sentiment piece in a few ways. Instead of using Whisper White cardstock, I used Rich Razzleberry cardstock and added the die-cut pieces to frame it, and the flower embellishments on the left and right of the sentiment. I love these little Frosted Flower Embellishments and finally found the perfect way to use them! Can you also see that I added a small pearl to the center of each flower? So cute right?
So it may not be obvious from the first photo that this is a fun fold. Here is a photo that shows you how this card opens in a different way from a regular card.
Here’s a photo of the card completely open:
Check out my alternative version on the right here!
Can you see how the sentiment piece is smaller than the first one?
Here’s a little graphic that explains how I create this smaller sentiment piece. Watch my video at the end of this post to see me created this smaller element.
Are you ready for the third Peaceful Poppies Card Idea?
This next card was my contribution to the February Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle.
This card is actually quite simple to make. I simply created a watercolor wash, allowed it to dry, stamped my images and then dry embossed it.
I also added a little Wink of Stella to each flower after the dry embossing was done. Can you see the texture in the paper here? While this added element is really not necessary, I think it enhances this card and makes the focal piece look like it’s a canvas that’s painted.
The Old Olive layer is also dry embossed with the Subtle 3-D Embossing folder.
I also did some stamping on the inside of this card. There are two splatter stamps in the Painted Poppies Stamp Set, so if you don’t want to take the time to color in each flower, you can just stamp a spray of color over the images. I love that option!!!
So I loved this design so much that I had to recreate it with three different greens!
The one on the left uses Granny Apple Green, the one on the top uses Mossy Meadow and one on the bottom right is made using Old Olive. Keep in mind that your watercolor background will turn out differently every time, even if you use the same green! That’s part of the fun of doing a watercolor wash!
To learn how I created these watercolor wash backgrounds make sure to watch my video later in this post.
So, what do you think of all these Peaceful Poppies card ideas?
I sure hope you like them and are inspired to create your own little masterpieces!
The featured products used for these three projects are the Painted Poppies Stamp Set and coordinating Painted Labels dies. These can be purchased separately or as a bundle and then you save 10%! You’ll find a complete supply list at the end of this post. I’ve not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
If you enjoyed today’s Peaceful Poppies card ideas you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the February 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 8 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order, when you use the current hostess code! Click HERE to subscribe!
- If you’re not a subscriber and you don’t want to become a subscriber, you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! At this purchase level, you’ll also get three Free Card Kits in the mail!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chick Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit plus additional awesome gifts when you join during Sale-A-Bration!
- Join by March 31, 2020, and get the following EXTRA Perks:
- ANY Stamps Set, of any value, from any current catalog FREE! A value of up to $45!
- FREE MiniCutter
- FREE 6″ x 6″ Paper Sampler / Includes papers from 6 different designer paper packs!
- Join by March 31, 2020, and get the following EXTRA Perks:
- Here are just some of the other benefits:
- Become a part of an awesome group of fellow paper crafting enthusiasts and technique lovers!
- Get a minimum 20% discount on all your orders!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
The project demonstrations begin at around 10 minutes in case you want to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- NEW Painted Poppies Class PreOrder Happening NOW! Click HERE to see Project Sneak Peeks and to learn more!
- Technique Club & Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 2/6/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
See the NEW 2020 Sale-A-Bration PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions.