Today’s post offers a bit of a sneak peek into the December 2019 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle.
On the first Tuesday of each month, the Simple Suite Stampers design team publishes a tutorial bundle, including 8 tutorials, focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month is the Wrapped In Plaid Bundle product suite.
This first project was designed by Raquelle Bath.
The only thing I changed up on this card was the patterns of designer paper I used and the color of ink for the sentiment. I just love this simple layout!
Dry emboss only 1-1/4″ along the bottom of the front of the card.
That way, you’ll be able to cover where the dry embossing meets the smooth portion of the card, on the inside, so that the inside looks finished and pretty too! I’ve attached my ribbon on the inside as you can see here:
I then attached my designer paper at the top on the front of the card and then attached my ribbon to cover where the designer paper meets the dry embossed portion. The ribbon doesn’t meet but then that will be covered up by the sentiment and trees once those elements are attached.
Here’s the finished card:
I created a second version of this card with one of the other patterns from the pack of Wrapped in Plaid designer paper. It’s one of the few patterns that is not plaid and just wanted to show it off.
For this one, I moved all the elements slightly to the right to leave more room for the bow on the left. Plus I moved everything down a bit too so that more of the designer paper would show and the so the dry embossed white space would not be so big. It’s a subtle difference but I like the way it turned out.
Here are my two finished cards side by side:
This next little 3-D project was designed by Chris Cowan. I did make a few changes included an added fun element to how it opens!
Again, I used different patterns of the designer series paper for my version. I’ve used both the Wrapped In Plaid designer paper and the Night Before Christmas designer paper for the version at the top. I also created a little post-it note holder as an extra little project that would fit inside my finished pocket.
So my little post-it note holder is designed to fit perfectly inside my “treat holder”.
Creating the post-it note holder was super simple! Here is the little template I shared in my Facebook Live video with all the dimensions and scoring details:
It is held shut with some very thin magnet sheet pieces as you can see here:
My mini post-it note holder tucks down inside this “treat holder” but as you can see here, you DON’T untie the bow!
Rather, you just pull up on the bow and it pulls up the post-it note holder with it. It’s a simple construction. I’ve shown how I created this in the Facebook Live video you’ll find ahead. I think it turned out to be so cute!
Last but not least here are the cards I created as my contribution to the December Tutorial Bundle:
Instead of using just the Perfectly Plaid Bundle I’ve brought in a few additional products.
I’ve used the Perfectly Plaid designer paper for both of these cards plus I’ve used the Merry Christmas To All Stamp Set, Merry Christmas Dies and the Dog Builder Punch (for the little punched heart). This first version of the card is actually the one included in the tutorial bundle.
The main detail I’d like to point out on this card is how I used the negative space “Happy” element.
After I cut the “Happy” from the piece of designer paper the shape of the word seemed very big and so the letters weren’t as defined as I wanted. So I decided to die cut another piece of cardstock using Shaded Spruce, and I use the negative space as an offset underneath, to essentially outline and make the word smaller. I then put a piece of gold foil in behind.
Check out my video below if you need a visual to help that make sense.
Now this second card is essentially the same, however, it’s oriented landscape instead and the die-cut word is “Merry” instead of “Happy”.
Doing the offset element in the background was a bit trickier with the “Merry” because the opening for the letters is just a bit smaller.
I made a second version of this card with the blue plaid and decided not to do the offset. The “Merry” in the second version (the one on the right) is just clearer to read and bolder.
Which version do you prefer?
When I was creating these cards I really thought I would like the version with the blue better because I just love this plaid paper but in the end, I think I prefer the first version as it’s just a bit bolder and easy to see.
Thanks for checking out my Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle projects today! I hope you’re inspired to go create and play!
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the December 2019 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 8 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order, when you use the current hostess code! Click HERE to subscribe!
- If you’re not a subscriber and you don’t want to become a subscriber, you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! At this purchase level, you’ll also get three Free Card Kits in the mail!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chick Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit!
- Here are just some of the other benefits:
- Become a part of an awesome group of fellow paper crafting enthusiasts and technique lovers!
- Get a minimum 20% discount on all your orders!
- Plus, there’s NO Long Term Commitment, NO Penalty for dropping.
- It’s a great time to buy the starter kit! If you join now, you’ll get to see and preorder from the new Jan to Jun 2020 Mini catalog in December AND get FREE Sale-A-Bration items with your December orders. The Occasions catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure go live to customers on January 3rd, 2020!
- There are lots more perks too! Click HERE to learn more.
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
The project demonstrations begin at around 8-½ minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- NEW “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares available to reserve NOW!
- Technique Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/12/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
See the NEW 2019 Holiday Catalog PDF below.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.