The card you see below was one of the options available to make at my recent club events. That said, this was the type of project where class participants had a lot of
The creativity was flowing and it was so much fun to see!
Here is Jennifer’s card:
Jennifer created this card at the first of my three club events and I loved it so much that I took photos. I shared these photos with my evening groups and four of us (me included) just had to make our own versions! We also got a good chuckle talking about what the plume of color actually was, behind the pig. LOL!
I love all these variations on Jennifer’s design!
Meet Erica with her fun card design!
As you can see she also used the Stampin’ Up! Brusho, but instead of just using the red, she added a little blue and yellow too.
Here’s a close up of the card itself:
Meet Melissa with her Arkansas inspired pig!
Melissa chose to make the wings in yellow and the pig in a bright red. She’s from Arkansas, the home of the Razorback pig. I learned something new! The yellow wings make the pig look like a magic pig to me, which I thought was especially fun. She also chose to use the Stampin’ Up! Brusho, quite liberally, to add a lot of color around her pig.
I love this close up of her card. So fun right?
Meet Tessie with her card!
Tessie is an occasional visitor to club and it was such a treat to have her join us for the evening! Check out the lovely card she made here:
This next card was created by Kelly who was also a visitor to a club event. I had never met Kelly before and as I’m sure you can tell from her card, she is no beginner! She mixed things up even more and created something completely different. I love what she came up with! Yay Kelly!
Last but not least, here is the new pig card that I made.
I was really just copying elements of the cards made by all these creative women and of course I had to add a little of my own spin on it too! The fact that this pig has wings made it feel a little like a “magic” pig. So… I had to add some bling to the wings and “magic fairy dust” created with the Stampin’ Up! Brusho, by adding some Wink of Stella.
Here’s my magical pig card:
Check out my pigs sparkly wings and fairy dust!
Can you tell I love my little magic pig? Here’s an even closer look:
I believe there is magic in the creative process, especially when done in community!
At these paper crafting events, playing off of each other’s creativity was truly so much fun. It is one of the best parts of sharing this craft! It sparks a bit of magic for me and magic that I see in others as they create. I call it finding “creative bliss!” and I love to feel it, inspire it, and see it in others! It’s simply a happy place for all involved and life just seems better when it’s there!
Do you ever experience this feeling of “creative bliss”?
If so, please comment and tell me a story of when it happened for you! I’d love to hear your story!!!
So, I’ve got one more little treat for you today!!! Check out my quick tip for how to add a surprise to the inside of ANY card!
Getting cards in the mail is such a treat but wouldn’t it be especially fun to open a card and see something like this inside?
So cute right?!
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post!
It was so much fun to share this story, the projects we all made and the “creative bliss” we got to experience together, in my little crafting community! I feel so grateful! Thanks for tuning in and being a part of my story!
Check out my “Tiny Treehouse Tip” video just ahead for a little more fun. It’s just over 1 minute long!
Happy Crafting friends!
Check out my “Tiny Treehouse Tip” here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now…
- Sale-A-Bration Coordination Products Coming Soon! These are Exclusive Products that are only available for a Limited Time!
- During the Month of March purchase exclusive products that coordinate with several Sale-A-Bration Products including dies, stamps and a punch!
- Click HERE to see these products.
- There are now THREE NEW Sale-A-Bration items that you can select FREE with qualifying purchases. Click HERE to check out the 2nd Release Sale-A-Bration brochure.
- NOW GET even MORE PERKS when you place an order through my online store!
- As always, you’ll receive FREE Project Kits through my Free Card Kits Program with qualifying purchases. The more you purchase the more kits you get! Click HERE for more details.
- And… when you spend just a little more, you’ll get the Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle PDF FREE as well! The bundle includes 8 tutorials!
- All orders of $75 in merchandise or more will get this Tutorial Bundle PDF Free!
- For orders under $150, use the current hostess code to qualify.
- For orders of $150 or more, DO NOT use the hostess code! You’ll still receive the Tutorial Bundle AND you’ll get hostess rewards too!
- Also, don’t forget that for EVERY $50 in merchandise spent you’ll get a FREE item from Stampin’ Up! through Sale-a-Bration. Click HERE for more details about this promotion.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 2/28/19 at 4 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Get $175 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during Sale-A-Bration!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click Below to see the Sale-A-Bration Coordination Flyer – Products Available to purchase in March 2019!
See the 2019 2nd Release Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF by clicking below.
See the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Balmy Blue Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Night of Navy Layer: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Watercolor Paper Focal: 3-9/16″ x 4-13/16″
- Poppy Parade Strip: 1″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Inside 5-1/4″ x 10″ scored @ 2″, 3″, 4″ 5″, 6″, 7″ & 8″
Leave a Reply