Check out these simple projects for my Card Salad PopUp Party featuring the retiring Beautiful World Stamp Set!
I’m sad to say that I’ve barely managed to play with my Beautiful World Stamp Set and it’s retiring! Ugh! To create today’s projects I pulled out a baggie of “card salad” from a previous creative session. It contained a focal element created with the Beautiful World set plus some other fun pieces. Using these baggies of bits and pieces makes the creative process so easy and quick! Watch my short video at the end of this post for more details. The photo below shows the parts and pieces I started with.
All the focal pieces in this baggie were created using the Acrylic Block stamping technique. I just love this technique and have made lots of projects over the years with it. At the end of this post, you’ll find a link to some of these other fun projects. One of the posts includes a video showing 7 ways to use Acrylic Blocks for stamping.
For my first card I used my Beautiful World focal piece with some coordinating layers in behind to make this simple card.
The colors in behind my world atlas image are Soft Sea Foam and Seaside Spray. This second color is also retiring on May 3rd and I’m so sad to see this color go. The sentiment comes from the Many Messages Stamp Set.
For my second card I chose three images from the Beautiful World set to stamp in each of my respective watercolored rectangles.
The images are stamped in Early Espresso Ink and then I used a Water Painter with some watered down Early Espresso ink to create the splatters of dots in the white spaces. I had intended to use a stamp but forgot to pull it out so I just got creative in the live video. The colors used with my acrylic blocks are Granny Apple Green, Bumblebee, and Cinnamon Cider.
After the live event I decided to go back and stamp some splatters of Early Espresso with an image from the Forever Fern Stamp Set. I used first, second and third inking for the specks in this next photo.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing these cards. Watch my video at the end of this post for additional details.
If you’d like to know more about using Acrylic Blocks in your stamping make sure to click HERE to check out some of my previous posts.
Between now and May 3rd, watch for more Card Salad PopUp Party videos and posts! I have so many fun pieces and parts made with items I love that are retiring. Join me on Facebook or watch on my YouTube channel!
Below you’ll find dimensions for these projects and an abbreviated supply list with just the products that are retiring.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Get Last Chance Products Before They’re Gone! – 2020-2021 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog Retires on 5/3/21
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Choose a Free product OR FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 04/29/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- You Can Still Get the Butterfly Bouquet Stamp Camp PDF featuring 12 Projects! Click HERE to buy the 55 page PDF Tutorial. Kits are SOLD OUT!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
The 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog is Retiring on 5/3! Get the Products you want now before they’re gone. Click below to see the PDF.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Watch my Card Salad PopUp Party video with the Beautiful World Stamp Set:
The project demonstration begins at around 1 minute.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Soft Sea Foam Card Body: 5-1/2x 8-1/2″
- Mint Macaron Layer: 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Misty Moonlight Layer: 3-1/2″ x 4″
- Focal in Watercolor Paper: 3″ x 3-1/2″
- White Card Body: 5-1/2x 8-1/2″
- Granny Apple Green Strip: 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Cinnamon Cider Strip: 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Focal in Watercolor Paper: 3-3/4″ x 5″
Leave a Reply