Today’s post offers a bit of a sneak peek into the May 2020 Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle and features project ideas with the Country Club Paper.
On the first Tuesday of each month, the Simple Suite Stamper’s design team publishes a tutorial bundle, including 8 projects, focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month is the Country Club product suite. Since I only own the designer paper and twine from this suite, I’ll be primarily focusing on project ideas with the Country Club paper. I’ve got two cards and one 3-D project to share.
Now, I’ll be honest, this product suite did not “speak to me” so I only got a few of the consumable products to play with.
So, this product suite is all about golf, and several of the designer paper patterns have golf-related images. That said, the backsides of these papers are mostly plaids and argyle patterns, which I actually really like! The color scheme is masculine and the patterns are simple. I can work with that!
This first project is my redo of the design made by Sandra Hernandez.
It’s pretty much all about the layout because I did not have what she used and so I used what I had and made it my own. I’ve used the Rooted In Nature and Peaceful Moments Stamp Sets for the images on this card plus some dies for the ovals and sentiment backing. I sponged the edges with Seaside Spray ink but I’m not sure I love it! I showed a couple of variations in my Facebook Live. The video is included ahead if you want to watch and form your own opinion on this.
This next project is the design made by Chris Cowen.
I decided to recreate Chris’s project in a couple of different color schemes with a few of the patterns of designer paper. Again, I used the stamps I had on hand instead of the stamps from the Country Club product suite. Here’s the first version of my box:
This is a really simple box to make. You start with a full-size piece of cardstock measuring 8-1/2″ x 11″ and you score in several spots on both sides. Here are the pieces you’ll need with the scoring:
Next, you’ll cut some panels off, creating notches and beveled edges to help the box fold up nicely. There are small gaps between the cardstock at all the cut points. The designer paper will go on the large panel nearest to the flap that will open and close the box.
This is what the outside of your box will look like when it’s ready to fold up:
Here’s what the inside of the box will look like:
This next project is my contribution to the May Tutorial Bundle:
I actually made two versions of this card. Here’s the card I made in the Facebook Live:
I CASE’d (copy and share everthing) this layout from something I saw on Pinterest. I made it my own by using the Country Club designer paper and a sentiment from the new Ornate Thanks Stamp Set.
Check out the black rhinestones on this card! I used a black sharpie marker to color my rhinestones before placing them on my card.
Here’s the card version that’s included in the tutorial bundle:
I love this big bold sentiment with these simple designer paper patterns! What a great masculine card right?!
So which one do you prefer or do you like them both like me!
Here’s my ensemble of projects. I love how they look together!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these project ideas with the Country Club paper, and are inspired to go create!
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering. That said, some dimensions were provided in the video and in other parts of this post.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the May 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 8 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order, when you use the current hostess code! Click HERE to subscribe!
- If you’re not a subscriber and you don’t want to become a subscriber, you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! At this purchase level, you’ll also get three Free Card Kits in the mail!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chick Team Member!
- It’s a great time to join because you can get preorder products from the NEW 2020-2021 Annual Catalog in your Starter Kit! Click HERE to begin the steps to join and see these products NOW!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit!
- Here are just some of the other benefits:
- Become a part of an awesome group of fellow paper crafting enthusiasts and technique lovers!
- Get a minimum 20% discount on all your orders!
- Plus, there’s NO Long Term Commitment and NO Penalty for dropping.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
The project demonstrations begin at around 8-½ minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Click HERE for more details.
- Online Stamp Club Spots Available! Learn more HERE!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 5/14/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click Below to See Retiring Products in my Online Store!
See the Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.
Leave a Reply