Today’s post features an unusual opening card. It’s called a Pull Tab Pop Up Card and it’s made with the Piece of Cake Stamp Set and Cake Builder Punch.
This pull tab pop up card was the focus of my Facebook Live event yesterday. You’ll find the video just ahead.
For this first card, I stamped and punched out the cake and cake plate. The cake frosting, candles, and hearts were stamped and colored in with blends alcohol markers.
As you can see in this next photo, the cardstock strip (the pull tab) on the inside, is pulled up. It’s attached to the front strip on the inside. So… when the tab is pulled up, the front strip folds and pops up to reveal the sentiment underneath. Fun right?!
The sentiment used here is from the Perennial Birthday stamp set. It’s a little more narrow than the sentiment from the piece of cake set, which is why I chose to use it here instead.
Scored the front strip at 4″, 2″ and 5/8″ so that it folds and pops up, as you can see in this side angle shot.
All the measurements and scoring details are included later in this post.
Here’s a close up for a better look at the coloring:
I love chocolate so just had to do this color scheme!
This next pull tab pop up card is simply another variation of the same design.
I showed this version in my Facebook Live.
For this one, I used the lollipop image instead of the hearts, different colors and I used different stamps for my sentiments.
A few project details for this version:
- Stamp the lollipops with Memento Black Ink. Use full ink for the colored images and second ink on the other images.
- You can color the lollipops with Blends Alcohol markers or regular Stampin’ Write Markers.
- I added a little arrow at the top of the inside pull tab, on this version. This might be helpful especially if you’re not going to be present when the person opens the card.
- I’ve added some Wink of Stella to the flames and frosting on this version.
- Put Dimensionals on the Real Red cake piece to attach it to the card.
Here’s a photo including all the dimensions as well as the cutting, and scoring details:
For all the details, check out my facebook live video ahead. In the video I demonstrated how to cut and score for this Pull Tab Pop Up Card, using the Stampin’ Trimmer.
Thanks for spending some time with me today! I hope you’ve enjoyed this unusual opening pull tab pop up card.
If you’d like to recreate these projects or buy the products I’ve used, you’ll find a complete supply list and project dimensions near the end of this post.
Have an awesome day and Happy Crafting!
Check out my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store!
- Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Get a FREE Tutorial Bundle! – The June bundle features the NEW 2019 – 2021 In Colors.
- Newsletter subscribers get the tutorial bundle FREE with a merchandise order of $35 or more, in my online store.
- If you’re NOT a subscriber get the tutorial bundle FREE with a merchandise order of $75 or more, in my online store.
- To qualify, you must use the current hostess code unless your order is $150 or more. In that case, you will still get the FREE tutorial bundle PLUS, hostess rewards!
- Click HERE to become a newsletter subscriber!
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 6/27/19 at 7 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Gray Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Whisper White Front Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (See scoring and cutting details on graphic above.)
- Whisper White Inside Pull Tab Strip: 1-11/16″ x 5-3/16
Leave a Reply