In today’s post, I’ll be sharing some super quick cards with the Ornate Style Set! I’ve used sponge daubers for my coloring in with the retiring 2018 – 2020 InColors.
So I’ve made three variations of this card and I’m featuring four out of five of the retiring in colors including, Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch and Call Me Clover. Here are my three quick cards with the Ornate Style set:
So for coloring the larger flowers, I start with my sponge dauber toward the center and fan out with a lighter touch toward the edges of the flower. I like to have a darker color in the center and lighter shades toward the edges.
For the Pineapple Punch and Grapefruit Grove flowers, this works really well. It’s even pretty easy to stay in the lines.
When coloring the smaller flowers and the leaves it’s a bit harder to stay in the lines as you can see here. For these smaller images, in particular, I find that it’s a lot easier to control the amount of color you get if you don’t have a lot of ink on the dauber when you start coloring in.
It can also be really helpful to hold your dauber on its edge when pressing on the ink pad and applying the ink to your images.
I’ve used ribbons in coordinating colors along the bottom of my focal pieces. In one case I actually tied the ribbon and the others I just attached a piece with glue dots around the backside for a simpler look.
So, I’m happy with my simple card but you could also add some pearls or rhinestone jewels to add some bling. You could also add some Wink of Stella to your flowers, as I’ve done here.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Quick Cards with the Ornate Style Set!
The Ornate Style Stamp Set is part of the NEW Ornate Garden product suite that is an Early Release suite from the NEW Annual catalog that goes live in June 2020. You can also buy this set as part of a bundle.
Beware, the products in the Ornate Garden suite have only been available for a few days and yet a few of these items are already on low inventory! Don’t delay getting these if you want them soon.
As usual, you will find project dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store at the end of this post. Plus, check out my video tutorial and Facebook Live there too!
More Going On Now
- Faux Ceramic Technique Class PreOrder Happening Now! Preorder Deadline April 12, 2020. Click HERE to learn more!
- Product Based Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about these simple Classes-To-Go!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Click HERE for more details.
- Online Stamp Club Spots Now Available! Click HERE to learn more!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 4/9/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my Facebook Live and video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 13-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover or Lovely Lipstick Panel: 3-3/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Piece for Die-Cut Strip in Grapefruit Grove or Lovely Lipstick: 1″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 3-1/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-5/16″ x 4-3/16″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″