In today’s post, I’ll be talking about using Rubbing Alcohol in Card Making and showing two of the bonus projects from my Playing with Rubbing Alcohol Technique Class.
Now if you know me at all you know that I LOVE interesting, unique, techniques and I’ve even come up with some of my own. Some of the techniques I’ve dreamed up include the Impressions of Tarnished Foil, Black Ice, and Cotton Candy Techniques to name a few. The truth is, whether I’ve come up with the technique or not, my technique classes always include my personal twist on whatever technique I’m showing and I always explore many different possibilities in any given class so participants go away with lots of creative ideas to play with. It’s one of my favorite things about designing classes and sharing them with others. Today, I’ll be talking about Rubbing Alcohol in card making and showing you two projects that were shared in the bonus video for my technique class.
In my Playing with Rubbing Alcohol Technique class we essentially made our own alcohol inks with Stampin’ Up! ink colors. For the projects in my class, we used several different papers including, Vellum Cardstock, Glossy Cardstock (or photo paper), metallic sheets, and alcohol ink paper. It was so fun to play with all these options!
For the projects in this post, Alcohol Ink Paper was used with Early Espresso, Cinnamon Cider, Bumblebee, and Gold Metallic ink refills.
For both of these projects I started with scraps of Alcohol Ink Paper and just started playing. I let the size of the pieces guide the design process. They both came together really quickly. This second project is a magnetic book mark. It opens up and sandwiches the page of your book so it doesn’t fall out.
The funny thing about this bookmark was that when I first created it I didn’t even like it! It’s kind of a crazy abstract piece but I love it especially the drips of ink and gold accents.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing some sneak peek projects from my Playing with Rubbing Alcohol Technique class! If you enjoyed this project you may want to check out the Valentines Day card I made for my husband by clicking on this link: https://melissascraftingtreehouse.com/unique-masculine-card-idea/
As I mentioned earlier in this post, to create these projects I essentially made my own alcohol inks but there are lots of other fun things you can do with Rubbing Alcohol in Card Making. I’ve experimented with spraying my rubbing alcohol, using droplets, smooshing techniques, allowing my ink to drip. There are so many possibilities. I hope you’ll experiment and play.
If you want more of a guided learning experience, make sure to check out my Playing with Rubbing Alcohol Technique class. All the recorded content and PDFs are still available to purchase on my website!
You’ll find project dimensions and a basic supply list at the end of this post.
More Going On Now
- Host and Get a minimum of $50 in FREE Products from Stampin’ Up! with qualifying Parties OR Place an order of $250 in merchandise or more! Contact me to get your own host code OR simply order now!
- Get $56 in FREE Stampin’ Up! Products that You Pick when you buy the Starter Kit for $99. Plus, get a 20% Discount on Future Orders!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Choose a Free product OR FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 05/27/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking on the photo below!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
- Soft Suede Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Early Espresso Layer: 4-1/4″ x 4-15/16″
- Alcohol Ink Paper Strips (3): 1-1/4″ x 4-3/4″
- Vanilla Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Early Espresso Body: 2-3/4″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4
- Layer #1: 2-9/16″ x 3-5/16″
- Magnet Sheet Pair for Inside: 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″