I’ve got two simple card making ideas for you today that feature a technique called Spotlighting. It’s a fun way to take a simple card and add an interesting little twist!
The first of my simple card making ideas features the new Sale-A-Bration set called Home To Roost. I’m loving this set!
A couple of project details:
- You’ll dry emboss the card base using the Tin Tile embossing folder and then do the Direct To Paper technique to add a little color on the raised areas near the edges.
- Dry emboss the Early Espresso layer with the Pinewood Planks folder. Then attached it on an angle to the card body with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Tip: Multipurpose Liquid glue is especially helpful when attaching two dry embossed pieces since they are both not flat surfaces.
More project details:
- Color the area with the “spotlight” with Blends Alcohol markers and use an Aqua Painter to splatter a bit of Early Espresso ink on the focal piece.
- So, to do the spotlighting you’ll need a circle punch and the Layering Circles framelits. These framelits are perfectly sized to provide a thin backing to several of the Stampin’ Up! circle punches.
Tip: With this technique, it’s best to back the element in the spotlight, with a circle that is just a tiny bit larger than the stamped circle. If the edge is too big is detracts from the true Spotlighting effect.
This second of my simple card making ideas features the All That You Are Stamp Set from the Occasions Catalog.
I used a larger circle punch and die for the spotlighting effect here since this image is quite a bit bigger than the rooster. I’ve also used Blends Alcohol Markers.
The Highland Heather piece is attached to the card base using dimensional.
Here’s a close up of this card:
I hope you’ve enjoyed my simple card making ideas today and you’ll take the time to watch some or all of my Facebook Live Video.
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post with links to my online store in case you’d like to recreate these cards. You’ll also find dimensions for both of these projects just before the supply list.
Plus remember, FOR EVERY $50 in merchandise you spend during Sale-A-Bration you get a free item from Stampin’ Up! plus my Free Card Kits if you use the current hostess code (for orders under $150).
Check out my Video Tutorial here:
The project demonstrations start at about 9-1/2 minutes.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now…
- NEW Online Club Cycle is starting SOON! There are just a few spots available.
- Learn more about my Online Club opportunity by clicking HERE.
- Are you interested in a Paper Crafter’s Technique Club?
- Do you love techniques?
- Would you like an organized way to document the techniques you know?
- We’d create cards and samples of techniques that would go in an album.
- I’m just starting to play around with the idea but would love to know if there’s interest.
- If you’d like to be notified if/when I offer a Technique Club leave a comment HERE on my blog! Click HERE and include the Text “Add me to the Technique Club Interested List”.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 1/31/19 at 4 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- It’s Sale-A-Bration time which means there are awesome perks for customers, hostesses, and for people that purchase the Starter Kit…
- You earn FREE items with EACH $50 in merchandise purchased and
- When you Host a qualifying party ($250 in sales) you get an EXTRA $25 in Hostess Rewards.
- When you buy the Starter Kit you get $175 in product for just $99! OR…
- Buy the Starter Kit for $129 and get $175 in product PLUS the NEW Craft & Carry Tote (valued at $50) pictured below.
- Click HERE to learn more about becoming a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
The Craft and Carry Tote is NOT available for purchase! You can ONLY get it when you buy the Starter Kit.
When you buy the Starter Kit… there’s NO minimum time commitment and NO penalty for dropping, plus there are lots of perks including a minimum discount of 20% on everything you purchase!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Click Below to see the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Project Dimensions (Rooster Card):
- Cherry Cobbler Card Body: 5-½” x 8-1/2″
- Early Espresso Layer: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Very Vanilla Focal Layer: 3″ x 4-3/8″
- Very Vanilla Inside: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Project Dimensions (All That You Are Card):
- Gorgeous Grape Card Body: 4-1/4” x 11″
- Granny Apple Green Strip: 1-3/4″ x 5-1/2”
- Highland Heather Layer: 3-3/4″ x 4-15/16″
- Whisper White Focal Layer: 3-9/16″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White Inside: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Leave a Reply